Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to poetic license
Default Constellation: Feedback on Cirque du Soleil

I've read the posts with negative feedback on Cirque du Soleil from other Celebrity ships. Anyone have any thoughts on the CONSTELLATION version?

[img]/countdown.php?month=11&year=2005&day=10&hour=17:00[/img] Celebrity Constellation

Costa Atlantica 3/03
Celebrity Century 11/03
HAL Oosterdam 3/04
Celebrity Century 11/04
MSC Opera 2/05
Celebrity Constellation 11/05
Celebrity GALAXY 1/06
NCL Norwegian Dream 2/06
Celebrity CENTURY 4/06
Celebrity Summit 9/06
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM
First Mate

8) Good evening,

You'll be happy to know that Cirque du Soleil, in its current version, is officially OFF the SUMMIT, and , very soon, the CONSTELLATION.
The company mercifully and wisely realized that the venue chosen to experiment with a '' cirque''-type entertainement was ill-advised.
The program itself will be '' re-tought '' and likely end-up as a one ( maybe 2 ) evening per sailing, as a main show lounge act.
The threads found elsewhere on this site tell something about the hardware itself being taken off the revelation lounge, deck #11 , almost as we speak, without '' out of service'' hours or days....on the go, I suppose....

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old October 9th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Beginner

I experienced the CDC "Experience" - I was really happy to hear it was removed. The experience wasn't nearly as bad as the way they destroyed what once was my favorite bar.
Old October 30th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to poetic license

This is the newest information:
CdS is back ... on CONSTELLATION for a "dress rehearsal " run on 10/29, then beginning with the 11/10 cruise, and SUMMIT 11/20. It will be the format that everyone adores CdS for: a theatre show, albeit abbreviated to approximately 30 minutes. The show is being billed as A Taste of Cirque du Soleil.

I understand why folks didn't care for the former incarnation of CdS, but I am glad that Celebrity worked so fast to correct the problem and give people what they were expecting in the first place.

Hooray!

Happy Trails-

Costa Atlantica 3/03
Celebrity Century 11/03
HAL Oosterdam 3/04
Celebrity Century 11/04
MSC Opera 2/05
Celebrity Constellation 11/05
Celebrity GALAXY 1/06
NCL Norwegian Dream 2/06
Celebrity CENTURY 4/06
Celebrity Summit 9/06
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:22 PM
First Mate

not sure If I am posting this correctly--seem to always hit new post accidently---the revised show is palatable but hope they restore the club to what it used to look like--great at night & also for daytime sea gazing!
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:49 PM
Familiar Face

Was on SUMMIT Sep 16th-30th to Alaska and down to Los Angeles. Posted that Cruise Director told me that CDS off Summit as of Sep 30th.

If they bring it back for 1 night in the showroom, that will be OK. They ruined the Revelations lounge with their decorations. This kept many from seeing Hubbard Glacier properly.

I almost cancelled our cruise, but am happy we went. The SUMMIT is fantastic!!!!
Old November 1st, 2005, 10:41 PM
First Mate

Hi,
I certainly hope they follow thru with their admirable decision to RELOCATE the CDS to a proper venue, with an equally bright decision to remove the hardware from REVELATION lounge....I agree ,PapaBear, what they did to that otherwise splendid lounge is shameful.
Did the cruise director had any '' in house'' news about when that would take place ??? I understand it is not a project needing her to be out of service, in wetdock, for 1 or 2 days.....could be done '' on the go'', so to speak.
What were your toughts on that, since you've seen it first hand ???

Happy sailing
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 14th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

Brand new show and it is a huge hit!! Just back from connie 11/10. You will see a jaw dropping show that is out of sight!
Old November 14th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Admiral

kcannava,

Brand new show and it is a huge hit!! Just back from connie 11/10. You will see a jaw dropping show that is out of sight!

I'm very glad to hear that! As a stockholder, watching a product "bomb" does not give me great confidence in a company's management....

Norm.
Old December 2nd, 2005, 09:32 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcannava
Would you remember how long the show was? thanks.