Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Beginner

Default Constellation Transatlantic Fall Sept. 2006

Does anyone have any info regarding the Sept. 06 transatlantic cruise.
It is in their brochure which has no rates. It showed up on a few websites but seems to have disapppeared . I am very interested in booking but need prices. Anyone know if it has been changed, cancelled or been chartered for that period? The only info I could get a few weeks ago from Celebrity site said "no rates available at this time." Hummmm. What's a person to do? I sent an e-mail to Cust. Serv. 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten a reply.
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Beginner

We're on the Eastbound in the Spring, and have frineds who were interested in booking the Westbound so they could get two cruises with one round trip airfare (I LIKE the way they think!) But they were very disaapointed to find out that the Westbound TA was sold out. It's a very popular trip, and the itinerary is a little different than in years past, so I imagine a lot of TA loyalists booked it up. If you can hold out until 75 days before the trip, I'll bet cabins become available right around the time final payment is due.

Good luck.

Andrew
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Admiral

Nexcruzplz,

Does anyone have any info regarding the Sept. 06 transatlantic cruise.
It is in their brochure which has no rates. It showed up on a few websites but seems to have disapppeared . I am very interested in booking but need prices. Anyone know if it has been changed, cancelled or been chartered for that period? The only info I could get a few weeks ago from Celebrity site said "no rates available at this time." Hummmm. What's a person to do? I sent an e-mail to Cust. Serv. 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten a reply.

When I look at "Dates and Prices" for the Transatlatnic cruise aboard GTS Constellation on 09 September 2006, it's showing no availability. There are two possibilities -- either (1) it's already sold out or (2) Celebrity has suspended bookings to change the ship's schedule.

During the course of a meeting with my travel agent that lasted about an hour (!) this morning, Mariann mentioned that cruises to Europe for next summer are really hot, and that they filling up very quickly at premium pricing in spite of the extended season. If the Canada/New England itineraries have not sold as quickly, it's probable that Celebrity decided to keep GTS Constellation in Europe longer -- probably moving her to the Mediterranean in late September or early October. I would not discount the possibility that her Transatlantic itinerary is already sold out, though!

Norm.
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:58 AM
First Mate

Hi,
The transat being sold out now for Sep'06 ??? Not at all surprising.
1/ Celebrity is still highly respected and sought after 2/ their '' refined'' or '' exotic'' itineraries ( compared to your run of the mill '' 7 days Carribean, 7 days Alaska '' voyages ) are extremely popular 3/ their transat are in that category 4/ Group booking bulk agencies deal heavy in that market 5/ B U T , ...RCI has a new '' group '' policy for agencies and current group space bookings have a limited shelf life before they have to be ''named//deposit applied'' or reclaimed.....at that stage, the very high performance agencies get a ''match sold'' retreive for 50 days, then it's back into revenue inventory
SOOOooo ? Hang in there; you won't have to wait 75 days out mid June 06 to detect movement in the inventory. Have your TA check regularly; you'll likely get something....but bear in mind, it's only 10 months to go and a popular market fills out quickly...you might not be the only one in line...

Of course, Norm makes a good point as well:: there is indeed the possibility Celebrity is considering redeployment of Connie for a longer stay in the Med

Good luck & happy sailings
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 12th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Beginner

Thank you Andrew, Norm and sealegs for your input. I had thought it might be sold out also. I have a TA working on it but was told if it came thru, it would probably be GTY. I know Europe is really popular this year. Not sure exactly why with all the problems that seem to be happening.
We are patient. I like the itinary and will wait it out .....unless something really interest and affordable pops up before some movement with the Constellation happens.