Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Beginner

Default Noise from above

Just got our stateroom 1148 on penthouse deck on the Mercury for a 10 day Dec. Mexico cruise. It is under the shipmates fun factory. Does anyone know if there will be much noise from above? We are very light sleepers. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Familiar Face

I would think it might be a bit busy during the day...however, the childrens activities end usually around 4PM or so...
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
First Mate

Hi,
That, plus the early morning noise from the crew re-arranging various furniture items for the impending arrival of the kids for the morning programs.....But certainly nothing compared to the general pool area, way more chairs to arrange and move around, thus different and noisier.

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Captain

When we were on the Mercury the kids programs lasted into the evening and didn't end at 4pm. At least they didn't end for good in the afternoon. There were pizza parties and one or 2 nights they had what they called a slumber party for the kids. They ate dinner, watched a movie and had a grand time. Parents had up to if I remember correctly midnight to pick the kids up. They didn't sleep overnight in the room. I don't know however how much noise if any could be heard from the cabins below or nearby.
Old November 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Admiral

Everybody,

I have had cabins on the deck below the pool area on several ships and have never heard noise from the pool area in my cabin.

The worst noise problem that I have found on any ship was near the stairway by the entrance to the disco, especially on ships that leave the doors to the disco open. Here, the MV Sun Princess class has an excellent configuration -- the discos have revolving doors that are never really open, so the noise is well confined -- but I digress. On ships that have this problem, the noice (some mistakingly call it music...) from the disco was quite offensive in the passageway near the stairs, but even that was not bothersome in the cabin.

Cruise on!

Norm.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default haven't been on that deck

During the last PNW cruise in September I was in CC 1201 on the sky deck.

There was some loud noise, mostly young adults bouncing a basketball, or running around outside. After making the staff aware the problem stopped.

Our friend was in the CC room across from the one you booked and she said she slept like a log.

hope that helps a little. Not too many kids as usual. thats why I like Celebrity.

Dave