Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Beginner

Default Sea Conditions

Could anyone who has traveled on the Pacific Ocean in March or April give us an idea as to the conditions between L.A. and Hawaii. i.e. are the seas rough or smooth. We are considering the trip on the Summit.
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Beginner

My husband and I just sailed the Pacific on the Infinity to Hawaii from San Diego. The first few days the seas were alittle rough. I took a seasick pill just to be on the safe side but, doubt that I really needed it. Also, the weather was cool for the first two days. The closer we got to Hawaii the warmer it got. Have a great trip!!
Old January 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Admiral

janboye,

Could anyone who has traveled on the Pacific Ocean in March or April give us an idea as to the conditions between L.A. and Hawaii. i.e. are the seas rough or smooth. We are considering the trip on the Summit.

The Pacific got its name (from the Latin pacem meaning peace) because the Europeans who first discovered it found it to be peaceful. Of course, it may not be so peaceful in the vicinity of a storm. It all depends how your cruise happens to hit it. On a ship like GTS Summit (91,000 tons and equipped with stabilizers), you won't feel much motion even in rough seas, though.

BTW, there's no guarantee that more restricted waters will be calm on a particular date. I spent several days in 25' seas on the Tyrrhenian Sea (the waters bounded by Italy, France, Corsica, Sardinia, Malta, and Sicily), which is considerably smaller than the Caribbean Sea, during a Navy cruise, and the storm that produced those conditoins was nowhere near the strength of a hurricane.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.