Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Bringing soft drinks onboard

Does Celebrity allow passengers to bring their own soft drinks onboard? I know HAL does. I am very picky about my brand of soft drink and prefer to bring my own onboard. Thanks in advance for your reponse.
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default outside beverages

As far as I know, and have ever known, most cruiselines including Celebrity do not allow you to bring in your own soft drinks, or alcohol.

Celebrity will allow you to bring your own wine but charges an uncorking fee per bottle.

The only other time I knew anyone bring drinks onboard, actually sneaking was on a Carnival cruise. He only drank "TAB" and wanted to make sure he had enough of it so he packed a case in his suitcase. The ship never found out....however I would be careful if you do this to make sure nothing pops open. It could not only damage your property, but someones elses also.

I do not recommend doing this.

Whats your soft drink? Just curious.

Dave
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 09/08/06
Celebrity Century - Freeport 01/04/07
RCL Monarch OTS - Ensenada 01/11/07
Celebrity Zenith - W. Caribbean 03/23/07
Upcoming cruises:
Azamara Quest - CocoCay 10/24/07
Celebrity Century - W. Caribbean 01/03/08
Celebrity Galaxy - Mediterannean 06/09/08
Celebrity Millenium - PNW 09/19/08
Old December 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Hi FLLP,

I'm sorry I can't help you with Celebrity , but on Carnival and Princess you may bring a reasonable amount of soft drinks with you.

I've always taken two 6 packs of Diet Coke with me in a carryon and never had any problem.

I hope someone can answer your Celebrity question.

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old December 13th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Admiral

RCI owns Celebrity we have always brought our own water and soda on all our cruises including RCI in our carry on. I think like Fern said, a reasonable amount is perfectly acceptable with all cruiselines.

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Beginner

Just sailed on the Infinity and we carried soft drinks on board on two different occasions and no one said a word.
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I never leave home without it!

I am a diet coke fan and drink the caffine free. I always bring my own. I usually stop before I reach the ship and get two six packs of the plastic bottles and a large bottle to keep in the cabin. The small bottles come in handy when we travel off the ship too, this way I always have my own with me. I am diabetic and get very thirsty, I always have soda with me.

Have never had a problem, I carry it right with me through check-in in a large shopping bag - don't think you will have any trouble.
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Adventure of the Sea 9/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default I stand corrected at this time..my mistake for not checking

Celebrity WILL allow you to bring any NON-Alcoholic beverages on board at a reasonable amount. I was just told by my "Tab" friend that because of the limited variety of soft drinks that the ship carries as well as dietary requirements ( diabetic, no caffiene, etc...) Celebrity will allow you to carry on or pack a reasonable amount of soft drinks and waters.

I apologize for the misinformation on the previous post.

However I did find out that one of the original reasonings for this was to minimize the amount of garbage that passangers threw overboard. yes overboard. It seems that if you give regulated containers they most often end up in the trash, where if you allow other unregulated containers they have a large chance of getting tossed overboard.

Once again I do apologize for the misinformation. I have just become accustomed to a Celebrity cruise as a vacation. Not a drag everything you own so you don't have to pay for anything cheapie cruise. I assimilate that with Carnival, not a higher end line as Celebrity or RCCL.

At this point I'm wondering if theres any point to cruising anymore since everyone breaks all the rules anyway. Its no longer the CIVILIZED way to travel, but simply the budget buffet with a playground rude and unsupervised kids can't escape, and parents that don't give a darn (edited to remove an inappropriate word).

Dave

Dave
Upcoming cruises:
Old December 14th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much everyone. My brand is (drum roll please)......TAB!! Been drinking it since I was a kid and can't live without it. Sad huh? Thanks again. Infinity Jan 8, 06
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dave,

I still believe cruising is very CIVILIZED.

Dave, if you have a problem with people who bring their own soda on the ship, stay home. Rediculous, I must say. People also cruise WITH their children because it is a good family experience. We had 7 children and I also want a somewhat quiet cruise experience. Because of this, I cruise when I know there won't be a lot of kids on the ship. I have a lot of grandchildren and would rather cruise on a ship that is not full of kids. Love them, but like peace and quiet on my cruise time! If there are kids around - I move - and find a quiet space. They have as much right to cruise as I do. Kids will be kids but I don't have to be around to see and hear them.

It's too bad that I have to cruise with people that have YOUR attitude about cruising and hope we won't be cruising together in the future!

Live and let live...enjoy your cruise and stop complaining about others .....
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old December 15th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default cruiztime

We obviously dissagree.

To me a cruise is a vacation, not a camping trip.

You are expected to act in an appropriate manner, dress in an approprite way and respect the other passengers on board. All three of these traditions are being slowly whittled away by those who choose to break the rules.

Families with children SHOULD book their cruises on family appropriate lines. Namely RCCL and Carnival..the FUN ship. Families with children should also watch and disapline them if they are acting inappropriately...this doesn't happen in real life so how can we expect it on a cruise. The "I paid for my vacation attitude so I can do what I want " attitude is becoming more and more apparent. Children with floats in the hot tubs, or running around the decks unsupervised while the parents ignore them. I have seen children, not dressed appropriately and with NO SHOES run into a server and have the tray of entres fall from his hands only to have the parents yell and scream at the poor server.

A light grey suit, sportscoat, or shirt and tie IS NOT APPROPRIATE for a formal night...yet many try and get away with this as well as jeans and casual shirts. Of course you can complain to the maitre'd, but they rarely do anything.

Parents tend to take vacations for themselves, not their children. I would never take a Disney, or Carnival cruise because I KNOW there will be many children, so why do parents take their kids on cruises where they know most of the ship are adults?

Cell phones are another issue.

I live by the rules, and play by them also...Its too bad you feel you don't have to.

Dave
Upcoming cruises:
Old December 15th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think you are reading something between the lines that is not there.

I thought your attitude was way out of line for the discussion of bringing soda on board. You went from one toptic to another and put everything you don't like about cruising out on the table. You added more to that in your last post. I do not disagree with your statements.

I never said I don't play by the rules. I dress EVERY evening for dinner, formal nights are formal nights and I agree that people who are not following the dress code should not be allowed into the dining room. No formal attire - go to the buffet! Yes, I completely agree. However, we were only talking about people bringing soda on board and went all over the place.

Enjoy your next cruise - I am sorry to say there will always be people not following the rules. Until the cruise lines shape up, nothing will change. This does not spoil my cruise, hope it won't spoil yours!
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old January 2nd, 2006, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Teresa,

CRUISE DEPRESSION - Nothing booked for 2006...yet.

Yesh! This is very serious. You MUST call your travel agent and solve this problem immediately!

Norm.

P. S.: You are most welcome to join me, either aboard MV Mercury on 13 February (Mexican Riviera, 11 Nights) or aboard GTS Infinity on 22 October (Hawaii, 14 Nights), wither with or without a significant other....
Old January 2nd, 2006, 06:38 PM
First Mate

Simple question, simple answer: Have always brought my small cans of diet coke on board along with my spicy V-8. I am diabetic & that V-8 can is just the right carb for me at certain times of the day..also measure my juices & sometines easier to do so in pre-packaged containers...We do not sneak it on--either it's in the carry on or bag from the store where purchased...We buy soda on board as well but it is not same taste as from the cans....
Old January 3rd, 2006, 09:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sorry Cruiztime

I do sometimes get passionate about my posts and my vacations.

I am a true believer in following the rules and not breaking them, and I rarely if ever do I try to circumvent the system.

Yes you are correct, Part of my post was inappropriate to the topic: I apologize.

Although I will disagree with your statement.

Quote:
Enjoy your next cruise - I am sorry to say there will always be people not following the rules. Until the cruise lines shape up, nothing will change.
I don't understand why you feel its the cruiselines fault for passengers who do not follow the rules. Your statement is nothing more than passing the blame for bad behavior.

My response would be that until people start to follow the rules and respect the cruise lines wishes and policies, nothing will change.

The Cruise lines aren't promoting bad behavior and disobedience....arrogant passengers are.

Dave
Upcoming cruises:
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel
Default Re: Bringing soft drinks onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLLP
Does Celebrity allow passengers to bring their own soft drinks onboard? I know HAL does. I am very picky about my brand of soft drink and prefer to bring my own onboard. Thanks in advance for your reponse.
Pack an extra suitcase and put a couple of cases in it. No problem. I would put it in checked luggage and not try to carry on.
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

My point was that the cruise lines have rules that they do not enforce.

When we were on the Renisance IV a few years ago we wanted to go into the dining room for lunch and my husband was wearing shorts. They advised that he would have to go and put on long pants to be served in the main dining room. YES!, Well done. He went and changed. They stuck to their guns and advised us of their policy. Our option was to have my husband change or go to the buffet.........This is not what I see being done on most of the cruise lines today. Don't you agree?
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old January 4th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546950

Please cut and paste the above or check out the thread directly above this one. Very interesting review on the Century and addresses exactly what we have been going back and forth about - dress codes for one and the cruise lines aren't doing anything about folks who don't care what night it is, they wear what they want - when they want it!
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:38 AM
First Mate

The dress code appears to be the most preval;ent subject on every site and if people would read the written policy of the individual cruise line and follow we would not be having this discussin over and over.As for soft drinks I have not seen anything that forbids this and I have been bringing on my own bottled water for years.AS for refusing shorts in the dining room for breakfest and lunch it is not forbidden unless you are on a upscale line as mentioned in the above posting.In my opinion Carnival is the worst in looking the other way on dress code and I feel it is due to the fact that many of their employees are concerned with the passenger rating at the completion of the cruise and do not want any negatives which might affect their job or promotion.On another site a poll was taken concerning formal nites and the vote was very favorably in keeping this tradition with the women very much in favor.
Old January 7th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Beginner

My wife and I have been on 2 RCCL cruises in the past and have been able to purchase soft drink cards. We were also able to buy duty free alcohol on board and take it to our room for a $9 charge.

We are cruising on the Infinity on Feb. 26th, and wondered if the same purchases can be made.

Thanks
Old January 7th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, Celebrity does sell the soft drink cards.

I am not a drinker so we don't buy any bottles, have no idea about their policy on this. We will be on the Infinity in 3 weeks.......Bon Voyage and happy sailing!
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06
Jewel of the Seas 8/06
Zenith 1/07
Insigna 3/08
Solstice 11/08
NCL Jade 5/09
Diamond Princess 8/09
Oceania Ragetta 11/09
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:04 AM
Passenger

Default Soft Drinks

I don't like to lug a bunch of six packs on board when embarking, so on the Mexican Riviera cruise, the next day in Monterey, I walk a couple blocks to Safeway and get a supply of my favorite soft drink (Select Diet Root Beer) and take them on board then. Did it on the Mercury, gonna do it on the Infinity in April.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmel
My wife and I have been on 2 RCCL cruises in the past and have been able to purchase soft drink cards. We were also able to buy duty free alcohol on board and take it to our room for a $9 charge.

We are cruising on the Infinity on Feb. 26th, and wondered if the same purchases can be made.

Thanks
Jimmel,
I have had it go both ways with the alcohol. Once they let me buy it and sneak it to the room. The other they said I couldn't take it to the room.
Just be prepared.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cruzitiime vs bububr

cruizitime was agreeing with bububr in some ways

Passionate bububr seems to be agreeing with cruizitime in some things.

I agree with both. I have to take up for kids since I used to be one. I don’t like to see them undisciplined, but that’s life and it doesn’t ruin my vacation.