Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2005, 11:28 PM
First Mate

Default INFINITY PANAMA 2ND APRIL CHANGE OF PORT

Hi,

For all of us sailing INFINITY Apr 2nd full Panama transit, X changed the sailaway port to Miami....Could be worse....
We're already air-ticketed 1st apr to FLL and booked at BestWestern, 17th ave; we are not changing a thing !!! Instead of the complimentary shuttle van hotel-PortEverglades, we'll simply share a taxi-van for a 45 minutes drive down I-95 to the Port of Miami; for those folks air-ticketed
to FLL day of sailing, well....all they do is allow 35 odd minutes to their transfer time to the pier.
Actually, dealing with 6 other ships and 17000+/- pax in Miami sounds a whole lot easier than dealing with 9 other ships and 24000+/- pax in FLL...
Since RCI alreay has Explorer and Radiance in town that day, I wonder where X will fit her ship...Isn't the RCL facility in Miami a two ships design ??
Now, let's hope this does not trigger a deluge of posts from naysayers and doomsday prophets jumping on their soapbox and turning this news into a disaster which it certainly is not....and claim all kinds of freebees and compensation from X...After all, since the ship is drydocked very near Miami port, it makes sense to keep her there, right ???
Now...how they communicate the news is another story...

Happy Sailings
Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Sealegs,
Don't worry about it. You have everything covered. Just hope that the Infinity has her pods fixed good that you don't have any trouble. We had our Hawaian cruise cancelled last March two days before we were to sail on the Infinity. She is a fine ship. We have sailed her to South America and Alaska.
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:14 PM
First Mate

My travel agent called me last week to inform me they changed embarkation to Miami. She already sent me my new itinerary. Soon I'll be sending her my final payment.

I don't see any problems with so many ships in Miami. I cruise out of Miami all the time and it shouldn't be a problem. RCL and Celebrity have their area and Carnival and the others are in their berths.

Doing your online forms does save some time and if you are a select or elite member you most likely will have your own area to check in.

Glad they didn't change the San Francisco ending port, since I already have my air and 5-nights hotel there.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, just love being on a ship for 15 days and this time of year we should have great weather.

Have not been on the Infinity but I have been on the Millenium, Constellation and Summit. I'm sure Celebrity has fixed the pod problem.

Now I'm looking forward to their new ship in 2008.
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:17 PM
First Mate

Hi, CruzCrazy.

Tks for comments.
Re;Miami port; I'm sure it will be '' easier '' to embark there along with another 5 shiploads of happy cruisers.....VS 9 other in FortLauderdale.
I was hoewever curious as to each line's '' pier & facilities ''; I tought RCL facilities in Miami is of the '' 2 berths '' type...and RCCL already has two ships in that day...
I am afraid the '' pods problems'' on the Millie class is here to stay and keep rearing its ugly head......until, that is, Celebrity simply bites the big bullet and does a class-wide changeover in the propulsion system. We can touch wood: none of the class had to go into unscheduled drydock due to the pods in the recent past... ( last May, Summit, I think, was the most recent one). Of course, Millie went into SCHEDULED drydock last fall and I'm sure the '' radial trust bearing, starboard propulsion system '' ( the standard offending part...) was dealt with then, proactively.

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old January 9th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Beginner

Just found out about the change from Lauderdale to Miami. No problem.

What do you know about the ports? Have been to Aruba and Panama and a different port in Costa Rica, but know nothing about the Mexican ports.