Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Beginner

Default INFINITY Departure Port - Panama Canal - 2 Apr 06

Noticed a change on this cruise on the Celebrity web site. Called Celebrity to verify, and the "Customer Service Representative" had to go and check it out. No notification to us from Celebrity to date, even on their "Customize Cruise" site.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:36 PM
First Mate

The new port of embarkation for the Infinity April 2 Panama Canal is now Miami.

My Travel Agent called me few weeks ago to let me know it was changed to Miami and then she sent me a follow-up of the new itin.

The Celebrity website has been updated. Your TA should have sent you something in writing.

Hopefully it didn't mess up your air flight if you are flying in to take this cruise. If so, it's not that far from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami port.
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old January 27th, 2006, 11:47 PM
First Mate

Good evening,
That change happened 4 weeks ago and was, perhaps uncharacteriskly for the indistry, communicated very quickly. We're on that cruise; all venues open for communication were updated very soon after.
If your TA did not notify you, perhaps it's him/her who is at '' fault''.
If you're already air-ticketed to FortLauderdale arriving 2nd April, it's no big deal....45-50 minutes ride to Port Of Miami instead of 10-15 minutes to PortEverglades. Also, there are 9 other ships in Everglades...only 5 in Miami :: beleive me, that's a huge +plus+...

Let's all enjoy the sailing;; same ship, literally same itinerary , shortened by approx 35 nautical miles...Can't wait !!!

Cheers
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Crazy
The new port of embarkation for the Infinity April 2 Panama Canal is now Miami.

My Travel Agent called me few weeks ago to let me know it was changed to Miami and then she sent me a follow-up of the new itin.

The Celebrity website has been updated. Your TA should have sent you something in writing.

Hopefully it didn't mess up your air flight if you are flying in to take this cruise. If so, it's not that far from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the Miami port.
We are scheduled to arrive in Fort Lauderdale on April 2,2006 after the Valparaiso to Fort Lauderdale trip. You remember this is the cruise that changed the Infinity to the Millennium. I wonder if that has anything to do with the change. I think originally the Infinity would have been in Fort Lauderdale after completing the South Amreican trips.
If you had booked your air fare independently based on the information you had, you might ask for a little something to help the difference in the cost of transportation Fort Lauderdale Airport to Port Everglandes and Fort Lauderdale to Miami. I don't know that cost. Mabye a little ship board credit a bottle of wine or something that says "we are awfully sorry" for your inconvenience and extra expense.
I think it may be only about 17 miles from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:06 AM
First Mate

Hi, Scapel.

INFINITY's port of departure has been changed from PortEverglades to Port of Miami simply due to the location of her drydock 20thMarch to 1st April.....way way closer to Miami than FortLauderdale; made no sense to incur the expense of shuttling her approx 40 NM when avoidable.
If you factor in the fact there are NINE other ships in Everglades 2nd April, VS FIVE in Miami....I kind of like the change.
FLL-port of Miami is approx 45 minutes.
FLL-Everglades is approx 15 minutes.
I certainly can live with that and am not at all inclined to fess up over that little detail;;enjoying the 15 day cruise is way more important than anything else at this time.

Happy sailings
Cheers
See you on board
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old February 12th, 2006, 11:54 PM
First Mate

I live in Miami, so I'm glad they moved it.

It's much easier for me to get to Miami than the port in Ft. Lauderdale.

Since I live 30 miles south of Miami, what I do when I have a long cruise especially out of Ft. Lauderdale is I rent a cheap compact car and drive it to the port, then I drop it off and take their shuttle to the port. Budget has a bus that will take you. In Miami, I would have to take a cab from the Budget rental car but it's only $20.

On this trip, since it's a Sunday, I will ask my neighbor to drive us to the port of Miami (I wouldn't ask anyone to take me to Ft. Lauderdale, too far). On the return we are flying directly into Miami from San Fran, so I'll rent my Budget car to take me home.

On my seven day cruises, I just leave my car in the garage, but on longer cruises I have to find a cheaper alternative. The rental car works great.
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)