Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Passenger

Default E. tickets

We are going on the Summit Hawaii cruise April9 th. Went to my travel agent this morning asking about my boarding documents. She called Celebrity and they said we were E ticketed. My travel agent asked what that was all about and they said she could print the tickets. I asked what about luggage tags. She said she'd call them back. Well, I called Celebrity myself when I got home and found out that nothing would be sent to me. they said the travel agent could print something up that I could tape to my luggage.That is the most stupid thing I had ever heard. With all the wear and tear the luggage will take, and without any color coding, I couldn't believe the cheapness of the cruise line. I called my travel agent back and she had already told them no, and they should sent the tags. Hopefully they will. I did go on line and already have my express pass.Has anyone experienced this? We have cruise over 30 times, this is only our second Celebrity cruise. The first one, we received a little book instead of a travel wallet.
Still am very excited about our Celebrity.
GloriaS
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Admiral

I've been told by several people in the industry that e-tickets will be the norm for all the cruiselines. It is similar to the airlines. I hadn't thought about the luggage tag situation though. It will be interesting to see how that will be handled.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Also, keep in mind, you shouldn't put the cruiseline luggage tags on until you pick up your luggage after your flight and before you check-in at the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Reply to Donna,
We are driving to the port so weren't concerned with luggage tags on plane. My point was that the cruise line wasn't giving us any tags. They said we could have my travel agent print something up and tape it to our luggage. That would never stick.
Gloria S.
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Gloria,
I imagine someday, the tags may all be like that. You can still get tags right at the pier when you arrive, and hopefully NOT ones that just stick on, good luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 28th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Admiral

Gloria,

We are going on the Summit Hawaii cruise April9 th. Went to my travel agent this morning asking about my boarding documents. She called Celebrity and they said we were E ticketed. My travel agent asked what that was all about and they said she could print the tickets. I asked what about luggage tags. She said she'd call them back. Well, I called Celebrity myself when I got home and found out that nothing would be sent to me. they said the travel agent could print something up that I could tape to my luggage.That is the most stupid thing I had ever heard. With all the wear and tear the luggage will take, and without any color coding, I couldn't believe the cheapness of the cruise line. I called my travel agent back and she had already told them no, and they should sent the tags. Hopefully they will. I did go on line and already have my express pass.Has anyone experienced this? We have cruise over 30 times, this is only our second Celebrity cruise. The first one, we received a little book instead of a travel wallet.
Still am very excited about our Celebrity.

I was one of the "guinea pigs" who got the first batch of electronic cruise tickets last year, and they worked pretty well but it takes a time or two to become familiar with the process. Don't confuse electronic cruise tickets with electronic airline tickets, as they are very different creatures. This is really electronic DELIVERY of your cruise documents, as you still must have printed tickets in hand when you arrive at the pier.

The process is actually quite simple, if not as intuitive as one might like. Celebrity sends a URL that you have to paste into a web browser to download your boarding documents. BE SURE TO DO THIS ON A COMPUTER CONNECTED TO A PRINTER because you get only one download, after which the documents disappear from the download site. Once you download the documents, you just click the "Print" button on your browser to print them. It's really that easy, and your travel agent should be able to do this for you if you don't have access to a computer with a printer. I recommend printing a second copy of the page(s) with the actual cruise, transfer, etc., tickets and cutting them out before you leave home, though, as this will simpligy the boarding process ("select" the affected pages, then select "Print" from the browser's "File" menu, choose the "Selection" option in the middle of the dialog, and click "Okay").

The only complication that I had with the electronic documents was when I went to check in for the transfer from Seward to Anchorage. The agent would not accept the printed copy of the transfer ticket, but she verified that my name was on her master list so it was no problem and let me board so it was not a real problem.

I did not ne3ed luggage tags because I took all of my luggage (two "roller back" suitcases plus a briefcase and a small backpack) aboard the ship with me as carry-on. The instructions that came with the electronic ticket package said that Celebrity would issue baggage tags at the baggage check-in on the pier for electronically ticketed passengers, but I had no need so I don't really know how this works. IIRC, there was a bar code on one of the pages in the electronic ticket package that they scan at the baggage check-in to get the information for your baggage tags so it should be pretty quick.

As always, it's best to submit your immigration, emergency contact, and other personal information through Celebrity's web site so you can download and print the pass for expedited embarkation in the same way. This pass speeds the check-in process considerably.

Norm.
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:21 AM
Beginner

Default Re: E. tickets

Hi Gloria,

We will be on this cruise as well. We have sailed with Celebrity quite a few times and the last several cruise have all been E-Documents
We have done the online check-in process and checking in has been a breeze, we really love doing things this way.

It is really easy to get the luggage tags once you get to the port.

I hope you are as excited about this cruise as we are.

Astrid
Old March 1st, 2006, 07:51 AM
Admiral

I sailed in November on the Zenith and used the Express Check-In, however I received a normal document package including luggage tags in snail mail. At check in all that required was the Xpress Pass and the credit card I was using. Embarkation took about 5 mins including security.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone for replying to my post. I feel much better about the process. I have already done my express pass. The e ticket thing has to be done through my travel agent because we booked through them. Celebrity said I couldn't do it. Well, my travel agent must not be too sharp, she didn't know how to do it. I feel much better about the luggage tag situation, knowing they can be issued correctly at the dock. I am so excited about our Hawaii cruise.
Although we have been to Hawaii many times, the idea of cruising and not having to fly, and 14 glorious days on the Summit, I can't wait.
Gloria
Old March 1st, 2006, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Gloria,

Thanks everyone for replying to my post.

You're welcome!

The e ticket thing has to be done through my travel agent because we booked through them.

More precisely, the communication has to go through your travel agent. When I had the electronic ticket last year, my travel agent sent the link to me in an e-mail message, then I downloaded and printed the ticket myself.

Cut your travel agent some slack. Ths may well be the first time that your travel agent has had electronic delivery of cruise documents, so he or she is learning the process with you.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 12:40 AM
Admiral

I feel the same as you, Gloria....lessee, hmmmm, what would I rather do?? Be stuck in a tiny little airplane seat for 6 hours, OR be able to walk around a glorious ship for the 4 days it takes to get to Hawaii??? haha!

We're leaving on the same cruise on April 23rd, hopefully we'll hear a good review from you before then!

Have a great time!

Jean

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas