CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Princess/Celebrity Card (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/310677-princess-celebrity-card.html)

miken March 14th, 2006 03:59 AM

Princess/Celebrity Card

I am a Gold member of the Princess Captains circle. This Suimmer I am going on my first Celebrity cruise, does the Princess card have any advantages on a Celebrity ship??

Donna March 14th, 2006 07:48 AM

Sorry, none what so ever...After your first Celebrity cruise you will become a member of their repeaters club, so you can look forward to benefits from that.

Rev22:17 March 14th, 2006 01:36 PM

Miken,

am a Gold member of the Princess Captains circle. This Suimmer I am going on my first Celebrity cruise, does the Princess card have any advantages on a Celebrity ship??

Unfortunately, no. I effectively lost credit for thirteen cruises with Princess when I changed to Celebrity in 2003. :-(

Backing up a step, each cruise line has its own program for repeat passengers, so you generally have to earn your standing on each line separately. Nonetheless, the two largest cruise companies have programs whereby passengers who have earned standing on one of their lines receive some benefits on their other lines.

>> IIRC, Carnival Corporation, which now controls Princess Cruises through a merger of operations with the Princess's parent company, has a uniform package of benefits that go with each level of standing across all of its lines, so you would receive some benefits if you were to cruise, say, with Carnival Cruises or Holland America Lines.

>> Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. equates the levels of membership between the "Crown & Anchor Society" (Royal Caribbean International) and the "Captain's Club" (Celebrity Cruises), then gives the benefits equivalent to one's highest level of membership. By way of example, a "Platinum" member of the "Crown & Anchor Society" would receive the benefits of "Select" membership in the "Captain's Club" on a Celebrity cruise.

There's no crossover between companies, though.

Norm.

CruzNut March 14th, 2006 07:10 PM

Norm - what does IIRC stand for?

Irish Shark March 15th, 2006 11:56 AM

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

Rev22:17 March 15th, 2006 01:17 PM

CruzNut,

what does IIRC stand for?

It's part of a fairly standard shorthand for common expressions that you'll see on message board across many sites, and often in e-mail messages as well. Here are some of the more common abbreviations that come to mind at the moment.

BTW = By The Way

FYI = For Your Information

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

FWIW = For What It's Worth

JM$.02 = Just My Two Cents

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

IMNSHO = In My Not So Humble Opinion

LOL = Laughing Out Loud

ROFLOL = Rolling On Floor Laughing Out Loud

BRB = Be Right Back

C U L8R = See You Later

@C = At Sea

TTFN = Ta Ta For Now

I'm missing a bunch more, but I hope that this list helps!

Norm.

CruzNut March 15th, 2006 07:00 PM

Thanks Irish and Norm ... I knew most of those BUT not IIRC - now I do.

Kruzinladies March 26th, 2006 06:47 PM

Hi,

The two lines are separte and so are the cards/

Nancy