Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Default Infinity

Infinity Concierge Class- we have booked a room on Sky deck and have since found out there is likely to be an overhang on the balcony. Does this shade the balcony much? I'd like to hear from anyone who has sailed in one of these rooms or in Concierge Class??
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Admiral

WelshLady,

Infinity Concierge Class- we have booked a room on Sky deck and have since found out there is likely to be an overhang on the balcony. Does this shade the balcony much? I'd like to hear from anyone who has sailed in one of these rooms or in Concierge Class??

Yes, there's an overhang. The pool deck above is the full width of the hull where it is not cantilevered beyond the hull.

The extent to which the overhang from the pool deck will shade any particular balcony will depend upon the time of day and the ship's heading. When the ship heads due south, for example, the balconies on the port side will get sun in the morning and the balconies on the starboard side will get sun in the afternon. The reverse is true when the ship heads due north.

If the motivation of your question is a preference for topless sunbathing, there's a special area reserved for that purpose that gets sun all day at the forward end of deck fourteen.

Norm.
Old March 27th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Passenger

No not topless bathing! Just concerned at spoiling the view and photos and making the room too dark?? It's annoying as nothing was said when we booked the cruise. Thanks for your reply.
Old March 27th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Admiral

WelshLady,

No not topless bathing! Just concerned at spoiling the view and photos and making the room too dark??

I doubt that you will have much problem with the cabin being dark because you'll get plenty of indirect light from the sky in any case and there are plenty of lights in the cabin if you need them.

Interference with photographs probably won't be much of an issue because most of the photos of scenery that you might want to take will be looking downward from a balcony on that level. If you want to take photos of anything close to the ship, you probably will have to go down to the promenades below the lifeboats to get close enough, anyway, unless you are bringing a huge telephoto lens.

If you are still concerned, though, you can solve the problem by chaning to a cabin located on a lower deck.

It's annoying as nothing was said when we booked the cruise.

You certainly can take up the fact that "nothing was said" when you booked with your travel agent, but I suspect that "nothing was said" because most passengers don't have an issue with this. The cruise line certainly did not hide information because the pool deck obviously is wider than the decks below it in the diagrams in Celebrity's brochures, which clearly are to scale.

In any case, add this to you list of things to check before booking future cruises if it's important to you!

Thanks for your reply.

You're welcome!

Norm.
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Passenger

Default Infinity

There is an overhand on these balconys, but they do not interfere with pictures. You are shaded some of the time, but ceratainly not enough to make the cabin "dark". I found it great to have some relief from the sun actually & I was able to take many wonderful pictures.
Old July 7th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Just came off the Infinity...nice ship.

Concierge Class is very nice. Good service...nice towels and bedding. It is a nice class between the general cabins and Suites.
Old July 11th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Iinfinity Sky Deck

We've cruised many times on the M class vessels (Infinity -3, Summit 3 & Millie 1)- in CC cat. cabins on deck 9 (Sky). First time we heard horror stories and were concerned. However, it was a Panama Canal Transit and believe me: the shade was very much welcome (both times in December). There is always enough sunlight - cabin was never what I'd call dark - much better than having to keep the drapes completely closed because of the intense heat streaming in thru the doors - and the a/c not keeping up.

If we can't get a CC aft cabin on Deck 9 (to die for) - we try to get CC beneath and between the aft dining area (Ocean Cafe) and the pool area - look at the layout and you'll see. We've never been bothered by noise (another complaint we've heard about Deck 9) - and I believe it's because we're not directly beneath the either the Ocean Cafe or the main pool area above.

[b]MILLIE: The Beautiful Med...Barcelona to Venice- 5/15/05[b]
NOS West. Caribbean - 12/10/2005
[b]Summit Hawaii - 4/9/2006
NOS East. Caribbean - 12/02/2006
Infinity Alaska Repo - 5/7/2007
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Beginner

well i think taking picture from there is not a problem.. you just to find a perfect spot where to take picture...
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Iinfinity Sky Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh1bear43113
We've cruised many times on the M class vessels (Infinity -3, Summit 3 & Millie 1)- in CC cat. cabins on deck 9 (Sky). First time we heard horror stories and were concerned. However, it was a Panama Canal Transit and believe me: the shade was very much welcome (both times in December). There is always enough sunlight - cabin was never what I'd call dark - much better than having to keep the drapes completely closed because of the intense heat streaming in thru the doors - and the a/c not keeping up.

If we can't get a CC aft cabin on Deck 9 (to die for) - we try to get CC beneath and between the aft dining area (Ocean Cafe) and the pool area - look at the layout and you'll see. We've never been bothered by noise (another complaint we've heard about Deck 9) - and I believe it's because we're not directly beneath the either the Ocean Cafe or the main pool area above.
Thanks so much for the additional information Pooh1bear...we will be on the Summit for a Panama cruise in December. Good to know we should be prepare for HEAT!