Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Passenger

Default Beer prices??

What kind of beers/lagers do they sell on infinty and how much do they cost? What are the wine prices like in the restaurant too?
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:32 AM
First Mate

They have a wide variety of beer onboard. We are just back from a cruise on the Summit and I noticed that the prices are up generally for alcoholic beverages since we last cruised Celeb in September 2005. I didn't drink much beer so this is a ball park number, but I seem to remember that Budweiser ran around $5.50 or so with the 15% gratuity added. This seems to be about $1.00 higher than I remember.

Wines in the restaurant are very pricy, ranging from a low of around $28.00 to over $100.00 for a bottle. We paid around $40.00 for a Pinot Noir the 1st formal night it was ok, nothing extordinary, I'd guess that there was probably about a $25.00 markup on the bottle over what that same bottle would cost on land. We didn't purchase another one. They had prices by the glass which I would assume were even higher.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old March 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Welshlady,

What kind of beers/lagers do they sell on infinty and how much do they cost? What are the wine prices like in the restaurant too?

Prices for beer and wine aboard Celebrity's ships are comparable to those of upscale restaurants and lounges in major cities here in the States. A glass of table wine would cost about $5.00 to $8.00 depending upon he wine. Bottles of table wine start around $20.00, wotj very good wines in the $40.00 to $50.00 range. I'm not sure about the price range of beers or the extent of the selecton, as I gave up beer at the age of five.

If you are a connoisseur of fine wines, you can order any of the winse on the wine list of the specialty restaurant ("SS United States" aboad GTS Infinity) in the main dining room for the same price on any of the vessels of the Millennium class. In some cases, the specialty restaurant has better wines of the same types than the wine list in the main dining room at prices that are only slightly higher. I'll spend the extra $6.00 or so for the "La Bernardine" Chateauneuf du Pape on the wine list of the specialty restaurant (about $50, compared to $44 for the lesser Chateauneuf du Pape that's actually on both wine lists) because I notice the difference in taste and it really is more than that much better. Of course, your mileage may vary....

The wine cellar of the specialty restaurant also has a number of exotic wines -- the wines that sell for four or five figures at auctions -- if you really want to splurge. These wines are not on any wine list, but you can order them in either restaurant or buy them to take home.

Norm.
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

From the price list on the Galaxy last December.

Budweiser, Coors, Miller, Michelob - $4.50
Heineken, Beck's, Amstel, Corona - $4.75
Carlsberg - $5.50
Guiness, Murphy's - $6.00

Wines, White, Glass - $5.95-$9.25
Wines, Red, Glass - $5.95-$8.95

15% gratuity is added to the above
Old March 29th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Jimmy D - my good gosh did beer go up! Last April it was 3.50 + 15% now it's 4.50 WOW No wonder people bring their own onboard!

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzNut
Jimmy D - my good gosh did beer go up! Last April it was 3.50 + 15% now it's 4.50 WOW No wonder people bring their own onboard!
How are ya Cruznut???? $4.50 for a beer?? Damn.
Old March 30th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Admiral

Hi Sasco ... I'll bring a 6 pack and maybe buy one of those buckets (5 for price of 4) - or just have scotch (mine). You cruising soon? I leave Saturday for FLL.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old March 30th, 2006, 10:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
This is from the Celebrity website:

What are the prices for onboard drinks?
Subject: Food and Beverage

Alcoholic beverage prices:
Aperitifs: $5.50
Standard alcohol: $5.50 and up
Premium alcohol: $5.75 and up
Cocktails: $4.95 and up
Wine glass: $5.95 and up
Champagne glass: $6.95 and up
Domestic beer: $4.50
Imported beer: $4.50 and up
Non-Alcoholic Beverage prices:
Soft drink (glass): $1.25
Soft drink (can): $1.95
Water: $2.50 and up
Drinks purchased in souvenir glass: $8.95
Coffee, tea, and milk:
Complimentary onboard all ships in all lounges except for Cova Cafe.

Note: all prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. Prices are subject to change and 15% gratuity is additional.

I wonder, will this make my husband drink less or will be have to dip into the college fund...
Old March 31st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Hi Sasco ... I'll bring a 6 pack and maybe buy one of those buckets (5 for price of 4) - or just have scotch (mine). You cruising soon? I leave Saturday for FLL.
We're doing a 10-night Alaska on the Infinity on Sept 13th. We can't go back to the 7 night trips....too short. I see you have several cruises planned. Enjoy!!!!
Old March 31st, 2006, 03:04 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all the replies! We're used to pints in the UK - what are the prices relating to?? 500ml cans or pints-568ml?? Just curious! Can't wait to go on July 9th, especially as we're getting married on the Infinity on the 9th!!
Old March 31st, 2006, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshlady
Thanks for all the replies! We're used to pints in the UK - what are the prices relating to?? 500ml cans or pints-568ml?? Just curious! Can't wait to go on July 9th, especially as we're getting married on the Infinity on the 9th!!
The beer prices quoted are in most cases for the 12 fl oz serving size....not sure what that equates to for you though.....sorry!
Old March 31st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

sasco is correct. The prices I quoted above, from the bar list, are for 12 oz. (US) bottles. I should have mentioned that. I do remember them having some draft beer pints (not sure if US or UK pint) for the same price as the 12 oz. bottles. I don't remember what brand though. Maybe the Guinness bottles are 12 oz. (UK).
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Default non-alcohol beer

Do they sell non-alcohol beer on the RCCL lines? Do you know the price?
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Admiral

tell4,

I'm not sure about non-alcoholic beers and wines, but all of their bars do serve all sorts of "mocktails."

Norm.
Old April 20th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: non-alcohol beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teil4
Do they sell non-alcohol beer on the RCCL lines? Do you know the price?
I don't have a bar list for RCCL, but I think I remember them having O'Doul's. Celebrity lists O'Doul's for $4.50. No non-alcoholic wines are listed.
Old April 23rd, 2006, 06:06 AM
Passenger

lol

Even the prices in teh crew bar are high... sell your soul to the company store :-)

This is why in MX we would buy a bottle of H2O and fill it with decidedly NOT H2O :-)

Have a good cruise.