Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default Century - Greek captain but no Greek food?

This was a great cruise. We took it last fall. Gotta say that Captain Rockstar (those of you who know, know who) was a treat at sea. Had dinner with him, chatted it up and he agreed with me - Greek captain, Greek staff but no Greek food? What's wrong with this picture? We LOVE Greek food! Celebrity, are you listening? I'm sure Michel Roux can whip up anything.

Anyway, we were in Cabin 1001, which is the last cabin down the hall before you get to the crew's quarters. Well, one of the crewmembers had some fun one night because I could hear the music loud and clear coming from the cabin next to ours (his cabin). I almost called the front desk to complain, but then the music went away.

At the time it wasn't funny, but I laugh about it now. Celebrity, you still have my business. Now you need to launch some new ships because I've been on all of yours. Any new ones on the Horizon? Get it? Horizon? Oops, bad pun! LOL
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2006, 05:32 PM
Admiral

jt1120,

At the time it wasn't funny, but I laugh about it now. Celebrity, you still have my business. Now you need to launch some new ships because I've been on all of yours. Any new ones on the Horizon? Get it? Horizon? Oops, bad pun!

Yes, very, very bad pun indeed. Well, the first two thirds of a pun, actually....

But you obviously have not been paying very close attention to this board because if you had been paying attention, you would know that Celebrity Cruises has two new ships of the new Solstice class (117,000 tons, 2850 passengers double occupancy) under construction, to be named Solstice and Equinox.

Norm.
Old April 4th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Passenger

NORM - Gee, lighten up a little. It was a funny pun. Obviously, you need to take a cruise quickly to put yourself in a better mood. Cruising always makes me feel better.

Also, no, I don't read every single post that makes its way on here. I've got a life. I read the board casually.

In other words, if it was not your intention to be rude in your reply, YOU WERE!
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Admiral

jt1120,

Gee, lighten up a little. It was a funny pun.

Obviuosly, some of us did not see it that way.

Obviously, you need to take a cruise quickly to put yourself in a better mood. Cruising always makes me feel better.

Don't tempt me!

Also, no, I don't read every single post that makes its way on here. I've got a life. I read the board casually.

In this case, a scan of subject lines -- or, for that matter, of the news items -- would have been sufficient to be aware of the new construction.

In other words, if it was not your intention to be rude in your reply, YOU WERE!

I obvoiusly disagree, but your views are welcome here.

Norm.
Old April 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default jt1120

Just how 'greek' was it?

Dave
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 09/08/06
Celebrity Century - Freeport 01/04/07
RCL Monarch OTS - Ensenada 01/11/07
Celebrity Zenith - W. Caribbean 03/23/07
Upcoming cruises:
Azamara Quest - CocoCay 10/24/07
Celebrity Century - W. Caribbean 01/03/08
Celebrity Galaxy - Mediterannean 06/09/08
Celebrity Millenium - PNW 09/19/08
Old April 5th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Passenger

Actually, we were invited to a private lunch with the captain and a few other passengers. He had the chef prepare an awesome Greek lunch. Wish they would do that more often, like maybe once a cruise. They could have it in the dining room at lunch or something. They did several different ethnic specialties on the pool deck for lunch, so I say, "hook me up with a couple of gyros and some saganaki!"
Old April 7th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Back when Celebrity was formed and owned by the Chandris family you actually got a taste once and a while of Greek food.
I miss it too.
The old Chandris Line had lots of Greek specialities.

All in all....the food on Celebrity is still good(not great)