Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Beginner

Default July 14 transport from Civitavecchia to Rome

We are looking for other people to share the cost of a van from Civitavecchia to downtown Rome on July 14, 2006.
My wife, our two children and I are booked on the Galaxy departing from Civitavecchia on July 3rd and returning to Civitavecchia on July 14, 2006. We will be spending the next couple of days in Rome after the cruise. We can book a van transport (which can take 8 people besides the driver) from the dock in Civitavecchia to Rome for 150 euros.
Is anyone else on the Galaxy interested in sharing the van ride to Rome with us?
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Doug,

We are looking for other people to share the cost of a van from Civitavecchia to downtown Rome on July 14, 2006.
My wife, our two children and I are booked on the Galaxy departing from Civitavecchia on July 3rd and returning to Civitavecchia on July 14, 2006. We will be spending the next couple of days in Rome after the cruise. We can book a van transport (which can take 8 people besides the driver) from the dock in Civitavecchia to Rome for 150 euros.
Is anyone else on the Galaxy interested in sharing the van ride to Rome with us?

FYI, Celebrity offers transfers between Civitavecchia and Roma for passengers with independent arrangements in or beyond Roma at fairly reasoanble prices. For two people, Celebrity's transfers are a lot less expensive than a taxi. Check with Celebrity for information about the drop-off point in Roma.

Norm.
Old April 20th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Beginner

Unfortunately, my travel agent tells me that the only transfers that Celebrity offers at the end of our cruise in Civitavecchia are to the airport. Nothing is offered to Rome, so I am still looking for someone who is on the Galaxy, departing Civitavecchia on July 3rd and returning on July 14th who would like to share a van ride into downtown Rome at the end of the trip. Doug
Old April 20th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Doug,

Unfortunately, my travel agent tells me that the only transfers that Celebrity offers at the end of our cruise in Civitavecchia are to the airport.

Your travel agent is wrong. Celebrity also offers transfers to a hotel in the city. The line's hotel packages include this transfer, but you also can buy the transfer separately. Celebrity's web site is showing availability of three hotels (http://www.celebritycruises.com/dest...rrPortCode=ROM) in Roma for pre-cruise and post-cruise packages. If the transfer to the city does not show up on the normal booking form online, your travel agent would have to call Celebrity's booking desk to book it. Your travel agent just needs to inform Celebrity that you have "independent arrangements" beyond Roma.

If your travel agent is being stubborn about this, one way around the problem is to bok one night at one of the hotels on Celebrity's list before literally setting off on your own. You can be confident that they are decent hotels and the package price includes the transfer.

Norm.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the information.
My travel agent checked and we can get a ride to downtown Rome as part of the hotel transfers. They want $85 per person, however, which is quite expensive.
So I am still looking for someone from the July 3rd sailing of Galaxy from Civitavecchia who would like to share a van to Rome on July 14th.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Doug,

My travel agent checked and we can get a ride to downtown Rome as part of the hotel transfers. They want $85 per person, however, which is quite expensive.

That's actually not as bad as it sounds. A taxi from Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO) to the city cost $90 and did not take either Mastercard or Visa. The airport is about midway from Civitiavecchia to Rome, so it's probably about double the fare.

Norm.
Old April 22nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
Admiral

I paid about $120 (including tip) for a van from FCO to Civitiavecchia last November.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 23rd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Beginner

What company did you arrange your van from FCO to Civitavecchia with?
Old April 23rd, 2006, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Airport Shuttle. http://www.airportshuttle.it

Ask for Vesna.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old April 26th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Passenger

try Romashuttle.com for a ride, we used them back to the airport and they were extremely reasonable.
Old April 28th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestions
Old May 14th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Beginner

There are several of us interested in the same thing...check cruise critic's galaxy 7-14-06 roll call