Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Familiar Face

Default Galaxy - Reviews please

My partner and I are booked on a Galaxy Cruise out of Rome (11 nights- Greek Ports) in September 2006. I am very nervous about this however due to the widely varying views on this ship. Some reviews paint it as absolutely awful and some very good. Which to believe?

We would appreciate it if those who have been on this ship since January 2006 and those who will be taking the Rome cruises in May/June would drop me a PM to let me know your experience.

Little things are of no concern. A few worn chairs and carpet wont spoil our vacation but uncomfortable beds, poor service and poor food will.
Just looking for a little comfort I guess. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to RoseyGirl Send a message via MSN to RoseyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to RoseyGirl

Hi Mikey,
I took this cruise on the Galaxy last Aug. Let me tell you that it was the best thing that ever happend to me!!! The food was great and the service was even better. Infact, I had such a good time on the cruise that I now am going to be working on the Galaxy starting July 3rd. I will be off in Sep. but back in Oct. so I am sorry but I will miss you by a month. However, My best friend will be on the Galaxy as a Assitant Maitre d'. His name is Johan Saayman and if you tell him you know Rosey Girl you will get the best service you have ever had!!! Take it easy and have a great cruise on the Galaxy as I know you will.

Rosey Girl
Old April 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have not sailed Galaxy in 2006, but based on previous sailings aboard this ship....we would sail her again without reservation.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 08:04 AM
Beginner

Default galaxy reviews please

we will be on the June 23 cruise and will post when we return. I too am hungry for information.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

This is a link to the cruise reviews for the Galaxy.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...ship&ShipID=16
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Mikey55,

My partner and I are booked on a Galaxy Cruise out of Rome (11 nights- Greek Ports) in September 2006. I am very nervous about this however due to the widely varying views on this ship. Some reviews paint it as absolutely awful and some very good. Which to believe?

We would appreciate it if those who have been on this ship since January 2006 and those who will be taking the Rome cruises in May/June would drop me a PM to let me know your experience.

Little things are of no concern. A few worn chairs and carpet wont spoil our vacation but uncomfortable beds, poor service and poor food will.
Just looking for a little comfort I guess. Thanks

MV Galaxy is one of the seven Celebrity ships that scored in the top ten in Conde Nast's most recent reader survey.

I was aboard for the ship's transatlantic cruise last October. She seemed to be in very good shape. She does not have a few of the amenities that you will find aboard the ships of the Millennium class, (no specialty restaurant, for example), but there was nothing whatsoever that stood out as a glaring deficiency. Of course, there are some folks who live to gripe incessantly and thus become very frustrated when they can't find anything seriously wrong....

There is one feature that's in a wierd location. The deck plans show a "grill" on the starboard side of the "magrodome" over the aft pool. This food service bar actually is the waffle station at breakfast and a pizza and pasta bar from noon to 1:00 AM. The pastas there were excellent!

I do recommend avoiding the cabins in the vicinity of the children's center, which tends to be a major source of noise.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Beginner

Default Galaxy Review

We have just returned from this trip. For us the main concern was that it is an old ship and it shows. I am not talking about the carpets, but the mattresses, pillows, towels in the state room are very poor. My husband had to complain about his mattress and all they did, added a pad. We also had flies in our cabin at some point in time and nothing was done. The TV basically does not work, so don't count on it. We had a cabin with window and it was very poorly laid out, it was small and uncomfortable. Perhaps I feel that way because we cruised on Voyager of the Seas last year and on Coral Princess before that, both times with balcony and there is no comparison. The food was good, but not outstanding. The gala buffet was a waste of time and efforts, not good food there, but dining room food for dinner every night was pretty good. The buffet was good for breakfast and pizza and pasta bar was really worth it. The Spa was excellent! The management of this cruise ship is not all together because they were not well organized in going on shore when we arrived in ports. If we are already booked and paid for this cruise, try to make the best of it. I hope you have a cabin with the balcony, because it makes the difference on this particular ship. Also, I don't know how picky you are and what you will be comparing it with. It's all relative. Enjoy!