Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 21st, 2006, 12:50 PM
Admiral

Default Halloween on Celebrity

Has anybody taken a cruise over Halloween on Celebrity?

If so, what did the ship do for the occasion? Was there a costume party? And did many of the passengers participate?

Norm.
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Our 2003 Millie transatlantic was over Halloween. The daily listed the dress code for the evening as informal or Halloween costume. There was a Halloween party with costume judging in the cosmos after the late seating. Quite a few people wore costumes.
Hubby and I picked up some of those costumes that come in a bag and I jazzed them a little with faux jewels before we left. They took up very little room in the suitcase so we decided to take them just in case. We were glad we did.
We went as Cleopatra and Julius Caesar since I already had the wig for a Cleo costume I rented a few years back. We did make it into the finals.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Admiral

daysatsea,

Our 2003 Millie transatlantic was over Halloween. The daily listed the dress code for the evening as informal or Halloween costume. There was a Halloween party with costume judging in the cosmos after the late seating. Quite a few people wore costumes.

Thank you for the info! My only previous Halloweien cruise was aboard MV Sun Princess, whiere they did something similar. Having not seen any discussion about Halloween on this board, though, I wondered if Celebrity was too traditional to do something like that.

Hubby and I picked up some of those costumes that come in a bag and I jazzed them a little with faux jewels before we left. They took up very little room in the suitcase so we decided to take them just in case. We were glad we did.
We went as Cleopatra and Julius Caesar since I already had the wig for a Cleo costume I rented a few years back. We did make it into the finals.

I'll bet that you and he carried off your respective roles very well. I only regret that I was not there to see it!

I actually have a costume that I created a few years ago, but it needs a bit of work to cover the marks left by some mirror-backed trim pieces that came off in cleaning. I have about six months to work something out, so I'm not worried.

Norm.