Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Beginner

Default CONSTELLATION POWER OUTAGE 4-27-06

How come no one is discussing power outage on Constellation on April 27th. Ship had no engine. No water, toilet flushing, lights for 1 hour. Finally Captain came on overhead and said due to computer glitch. A bit scary for me.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:23 PM
Admiral

BCK,

How come no one is discussing power outage on Constellation on April 27th. Ship had no engine. No water, toilet flushing, lights for 1 hour. Finally Captain came on overhead and said due to computer glitch. A bit scary for me.

This is the first that I have heard of such an outage.

A complete loss of propulsion is a very dangerous situation, especially in reef-infested waters like the Caribbean. This type of incident is far from characteristic of either Celebrity Cruises or sister line Royal Caribbean International, but such failures can arise even on the best of lines. In any case, it appears that there might have been some inconvenience but that there was no real disaster.

Norm.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:06 PM
Passenger

Default I was there! It was not a problem.

Cruisemates
Not a problem. That is why it is probably not being mentioned.
littlemoe
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:59 PM
Beginner

Not a problem for some, but lack of information is for others. I don't think it should of been dismissed so readily!!!!!!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
Passenger

I was on the ship having breakfast in the San Marco Restaurant. It only went out for about 30 seconds where we were...had no idea it had bothered anyone since nobody on board ever mentioned it! My hubby did laugh tho...he said they referred to it as a computer problem...he was in the Navy for twelve years, said they loved to use that as the excuse! The captain did come on pretty quick to reassure everyone that all was okay. I was hoping for one extra day at sea, even if it was in the dark! Seriously, I am sorry it put a damper on your last day of our wonderful trip.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:37 PM
Beginner

It by no means spoiled our trip. By far one of the nicest cruises we have been on. Just a fly in the ointment.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
Passenger

It was a great trip, wasnt it? What did you think of the islands? I thought Celebrity did an amazing job with the barbeque they brought in to Labadee. Did you attend any of the shows? The singers/dancers were great. Was not too hip on cirque de soleil...just not our type of thing. Did you spend the day in Bermuda? It was gorgeous! My only complaint (not really a complaint at all but more of a disappointment) was that we were seated upstairs for dinner. I think you miss out on the majestic views when you arent sitting downstairs. Oh well, small price to pay for great meals I didnt have to cook for nine days! That reminds me...better start dinner!!!! Happy cruising and enjoy your upcoming summer in Brick, one of the most beautiful little towns in Jersey!
Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
First Mate

We were down by the pool area and power went out for abt an hour and the ship stopped completely for quite awhile. We were all thinking that maybe we'd have to spend another day at sea
5/'06 Celebrity Zenith
6/'06 Carnival Legend
9/25/06 Carnival Legend
10/29/06 11 nite NCL Spirit
2/4/2007 Carnival Legend
May 14-25th, Carnival Fascination...3 B2B's
9/24/07 Carnival Miracle
11/7/07 Carnival Miracle
1/14/08 Fascination
1/18/08 Carnival Miracle (Platinum on this one!)
2/25/08 Fascination
4/21 & 4/26/08 B2B on the Imagination
Future cruises:
9/7/08 Legend
11/16/08 Legend
1/26 & 1/31 Destiny B2B
Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Beginner

It was a great trip, wasnt it? What did you think of the islands? I thought Celebrity did an amazing job with the barbeque they brought in to Labadee. Did you attend any of the shows? The singers/dancers were great. Was not too hip on cirque de soleil...just not our type of thing. Did you spend the day in Bermuda? It was gorgeous! My only complaint (not really a complaint at all but more of a disappointment) was that we were seated upstairs for dinner. I think you miss out on the majestic views when you arent sitting downstairs. Oh well, small price to pay for great meals I didnt have to cook for nine days! That reminds me...better start dinner!!!! Happy cruising and enjoy your upcoming summer in Brick, one of the most beautiful little towns in Jersey

It was a great itinerary! Went to every show and loved every port. We prefer sitting on second level of restaurant on this class of ship. less vibration, and we always ask for seat at balcony edge. Looking forward to more cruises also.