CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   GETTING TO MIAMI FROM FT LAUDERDALE (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/313491-getting-miami-ft-lauderdale.html)

RETIRED May 4th, 2006 04:14 PM

GETTING TO MIAMI FROM FT LAUDERDALE

We plan on staying for a few days in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise which leaves from Maimi. We will be staying at Hyatt pier 66. What is the best way to get to the cruise port in Maimi for two people and how long does it take. What would be the approximate cost?

Rev22:17 May 4th, 2006 06:29 PM

Retired,

We plan on staying for a few days in Fort Lauderdale before our cruise which leaves from Maimi. We will be staying at Hyatt pier 66. What is the best way to get to the cruise port in Maimi for two people and how long does it take. What would be the approximate cost?

Probably a taxi, as it is less than an hour by car.

I have no idea of the cost, but I doubt that it would go over $100 for two people.

Norm.

mjyanne May 4th, 2006 08:53 PM

It is about 45 minutes to 1 hour from FFL to MIA. The cost for a taxi is $80 (including tip and port exit fee if leaving MIA to FFL). I have done this several times.

sal7202 May 5th, 2006 04:18 PM

The last time we did it, we took a shuttle from FLL (I think it was called Shuttle Express) We picked it up right outside the terminal and it cost us $28.00 for the 2 of us. The ride was about 35 - 45 mins depending on traffic. It might be cheaper to take the hotel shuttle back to FLL and then hop Shuttle Express there.

pooh1bear43113 May 6th, 2006 05:55 PM

FLL to Miami

We used Larry's Limo service for pickup at FLL last December....he was waiting for us at baggage claim - I believe the transfer from FLL to the Miami / Biscayne Bay Holiday Inn (across from the port) was something like $50 or $55 for two people with lots of luggage.

We plan to use the service again this coming December - as we will be a group of three traveling together.

Very efficient, fast, friendly service. (IMHO)

carolyn davis September 21st, 2012 12:45 PM

A taxi will cost you approximately $80 to $100 from Ft Lauderdale to Miami its about 35 to 45 minutes drive.

SoCalGringo September 21st, 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RETIRED (Post 778054)

I cannot speak from personal experience, but have done some recon (for when i do go on a cruise) and found a resource for transfers to/from cruise terminals, airports, etc. at: The Transfer Answer - Your Resource for Cruise & Airport Transfers

hope it helps.

Trip September 21st, 2012 02:28 PM

This shuttle service is the most reasonably priced,[$15.00 pp each way]and reliable....myself, and many CM'ers have used them.

SAS Transport Quality Shuttle Service at Affordable Prices