Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Default Cabin 8046 on Summit

We have booked a 14 day Panama Canal trip on the Summit. Since this is our first cruise I have spent time studying the deck plans and I notice that cabin 8046 which is a concierge class seems to have a bigger balcony than most of the other ones. It is just before the bump out in the section close to the forward stairs and elevators. Has anyone stayed in this (or similar)cabin? Is the balcony really larger or is it just the way the deck plan has been reproduced. Are there any disadvantages that we should know about
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

You can see your balcony in this shot. Looks like it's larger to me. You just won't have as good a view to the forward of the ship.
Old May 9th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Beginner

We were in that cabin on the Millie last summer. The balcony is larger and we could see forward to the front if you stuck your head out over the railing and looked around the next cabin. However, when doing that you can see into your neighbour's balcony. It is great location for everything. The only thing I didn't like about it was there is a closet the cabin stewards store things in right next to this cabin and when they closed the door to the closet, it rattled our cabin. Believe me, these people start very early in the a.m. to clean and at times it did wake us! I could have said something to them but I thought it must have been their way of making sure we didn't miss any part of our fabulous Mediterrean cruise. Hope this helps.
Faye
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Beginner

Hi,

We just got off Infinity from cabin CC 8072 which is the "normal" balcony. When we wanted to book another cruise onboard, we tried to get one of the cabins like 8046 near the bump-outs, because they are a little larger, according to the agent. She tried to find us a cabin like those, but they were all booked. The other ones in CC class with big balconies are the aft ones at the very end of the ship. But, since our next cruise is Alaska, we decided we wanted to be on the side of the ship to see all the scenery, not at the rear end.