Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Repositioning Cruises in Spring 2007

Dear fellow cruisers: I did a 14-day West Coast/Alaska cruise last May on the Celebrity ship Summit. Wonderful cruise! It was a repositioning cruise. Does Royal Caribbean or Princess offer a repositioning cruise to Alaska that would be similar in length? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

RCL and Princess both do repositiongs on the west coast. The difference is the ships leave San Diego or the LAX area and sail to Vancouver. You would have to book the next leg as a second cruise into Alaska.

Old May 16th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Gail,

RCL and Princess both do repositiongs on the west coast. The difference is the ships leave San Diego or the LAX area and sail to Vancouver. You would have to book the next leg as a second cruise into Alaska.

Historically, Princess has offered repositioning cruises from Fort Lauderdale and San Juan to Vancouver via the Panama Canal, which range from about fifteen nights to three weeks, but the introduction of post-Pamamax vessels has reduced the number of such offerings. I'm not sure what Royal Caribbean may or may not offer. Of course, both lines may change their repositiioning plans for next year so you chould check their web sites or their brochures for repositioning options. Your travel agent certainly can assist you with this, too.

If you are looking for a cruise of about two weeks, be sure to check the itineraries of ships that will reposition to Europe. There has been a major expansion of such itineraries over the last two or three years.

Norm.
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Beginner

Hi Gail - I don't know about Princess or R/C, but I just booked a repositioning cruise to Alaska on Celebrity Infinity for May 7, 2007 from SF - 13 nights. Did you like the Summit, or not, and want to go with another company?

I just came from Infinity's 10-day Mexican Riviera cruise and thoroughly enjoyed it very much and can't wait to get back on for the next one!
Old June 6th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Passenger

Cindy: We are considering the same cruise for next year on the Infinity on May 7. I do get a bit nervouse when I read about the propulsion problems Celebrity's M-Class ships have been having lately. However, I guess we have been fortunate on the two Celebrity cruises we have taken. We did a 14-day repositoning cruise on the Summit in May 2006 and a 9-day Caribbean/Bermuda cruise on the Constellation in April 2007. My favorite ship of the two is the Summit. The service was incredible and I can't say enough about the wonderful crew. If we do end up booking the May 7 Infinity cruise to Alaska next year, I can only hope it will be as great as the Summit last year. I enjoyed the Constellation, but personally I loved the Summit. Maybe we'll meet on the Infinity next year!

GailM
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:37 PM
First Mate

I'm booked on the May 12, 2007 Summit West Coast/Alaska repo cruise out of San Pedro/LA.

I find that the repo cruises has the best prices on cabins.

I'm really looking forward to this cruise, great ports and it ends in Vancouver where we will stay for a post-cruise extension.

I've been on the all the Millenium class ships and I have to say I don't have a favorite.
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)