Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Beginner

Default Sunday dinner dress code

Can anyone just back from Alaskan cruise on Mercury tell me the dress code for Sunday night ? We will miss because of an excursion so don't want to pack for it.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Admiral

gramshup,

Can anyone just back from Alaskan cruise on Mercury tell me the dress code for Sunday night ? We will miss because of an excursion so don't want to pack for it.

The prescribed evening dress is always "casual" if the ship is in port in the evening. The day of the week does not matter.

Norm.
Old May 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Passenger

gramshup, Sorry I can't Specifically answer your question regarding the specific Sunday you are referring to.

Sorry Norm, but your answer is not altogether accurate. I was on the Millennium in the Caribbean last month and two of our port days were specified as Informal dress not Casual.

I hope someone recently back from Alaska can help you specifically, gramshup. Well, that is if you can get someone to post a reply. People don't seem to be very forthcoming with info on this board.

Have a great time!!!
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Admiral

froggy,

Me: The prescribed evening dress is always "casual" if the ship is in port in the evening. The day of the week does not matter. (boldface added)

You: Sorry Norm, but your answer is not altogether accurate. I was on the Millennium in the Caribbean last month and two of our port days were specified as Informal dress not Casual. (boldface and emphasis in original)

And what time did the ship leave port on those days?

It appears that you missed the words in my earlier post that I set in boldface in this post.

Norm.
Old May 26th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Passenger

Norm,

We left Antigua at 7:00 p.m.

We left St. Maarten at 1:00 a.m. (arrived 8:00 a.m. Thursday, departed 1:00 a.m. Friday)

So we were in port in the evening on both stops.

Both evenings were designated as Informal.

I realize that this itinerary and it's dress code may differ from the original poster, so hopefully they will get someone to post who has just returned from the Alaskan itinerary.
Old May 26th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Admiral

froggy,

We left Antigua at 7:00 p.m.

We left St. Maarten at 1:00 a.m. (arrived 8:00 a.m. Thursday, departed 1:00 a.m. Friday)

So we were in port in the evening on both stops.

Both evenings were designated as Informal.

Wow. A port of call with a 7:00 PM departure is borderline for an "informal" evening, but "informal" dress when the ship is in port past 8:00 PM is extremely unusual. In twenty cruises, including seven on Celebrity, I have never encountered any dress other than "casual" on such an evening.

Not that "informal" dress is any big deal -- we gents just put on a sport coat over what would otherwise be appropriate attire for a "casual" evening.

Norm.
Old May 26th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Passenger

Oh well, what can I say?

Except that this is off the subject anyway.

Constellation