Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Default Is it Possible to Special Order Food?

Is it possible to special order specific food items? For example, can we, upon boarding, ask for Grand Marnier (or other) souffles for desert for a specific night of our cruise? How about a rack of lamb? What sauces (e.g., bernaise, peppercorn, etc) are usually available for the steaks?

thanks,

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2006, 12:41 PM
Passenger

Once upon a time you could get almost anything. Not easily these days. I was on the Mercury last month for 11 nights. They never served souffle once. They did accomodate people who wanted shrimp cocktail each night. Or a New York steak. You might get a special sauce, but forget extra days of lobster, grand desserts or rack of lamb (except when it is served). That's one reason I also like to sail on RCCL and HAL. They have some alternative restaurants that offer special dinners.

BTW... I was on the Sapphire Princess last December and they had souffles twice in 7 days.