Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2006, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Default Covered/Inside Pools

Do any of the newer ships or even older have a covered or indoor pool?
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Captain

Mercury does....it's not the mail pool however but pretty nice.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Will have to check to see if they do trans-Atlantic... most of Celebrity ships are coming back late i the season, i.e. Century in December.. and I'd like to be in a pool during the crossing.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

Do any of the newer ships or even older have a covered or indoor pool?

Yes.

>> Each ship of the Galaxy class has a pool in the "magrodome" located aft of the buffet area on the Resort Deck.

>> Each ship of the Millennium class has a pool in the "aquaspa" under the "magrodome" between the main spa and fitness center and the main pool area toward the forward end of the resort deck. This pool considered to be part of the spa, so it's for adults only.

I don't see pools on under retractable domes on either of the line's two older vessels, MV Century and MV Zenith.

Will have to check to see if they do trans-Atlantic... most of Celebrity ships are coming back late i the season, i.e. Century in December.. and I'd like to be in a pool during the crossing.

The ships which come back that late take routes that are in or pretty close to the tropics, so you'll be able to use the outdoor pools most of the way.

Norm.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:14 AM
Admiral

The ships are the Century class not the Galaxy class. I realize you know this but if you are giving legitimate info to other posters asking questions please be accurate. Personal opinion is fine and I personally disagree with you since the ships are more alike than they are different however your giving the info of Galaxy class is misleading to those asking good questions. The cruise line calls them Century class and that I believe is what they should be correctly called. To answer the question, the Century does not have a covered pool but the Galaxy and Mercury do.

Don
Old July 3rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Admiral

Don,

The ships are the Century class not the Galaxy class.

That is wrong. Although Celebrity originally planned to build three ships of the Century class, the company actually built MV Galaxy and MV Mercury to a different design. If you look at the dimensions of these vessels on Celebrity's web site, you'll notice that they do not even share the same hull. In standard maritime usage, MV Galaxy and MV Mercury are a different class of vessel, correctly called the Galaxy class, from MV Century. Here are the numbers from the company's web site.

MV Century
Occupancy: 1770
Tonnage: 70,606
Length: 815 feet
Beam: 105 feet
Draught: 25
Cruisespeed: 21.5knot
Inaugural Date: Dec 20, 1995

MV Galaxy
Occupancy: 1896
Tonnage: 77,713
Length: 866
Beam: 105.6 ft
Draught: 25
Inaugural Date: Dec 21, 1996

MV Mercury
Occupancy: 1884
Tonnage: 77,713
Length: 866 feet
Beam: 105.6 ft
Draught: 25.5
Inaugural Date: Nov 02, 1997

Unfortunately, Celebrity seems to have some major problems with internal communications at the line's headquarters and a marketing department populated by landlubbers who either don't know better or don't care about getting facts straight. The errant reference to these three vessels as "Century Class" on the company's web site and in the company's brochures is but one example. The company's marketing department also got it wrong -- in a big way -- when they announced that the original agreement with Cirque du Soleil.

BTW, I have noticed that the company has fallen prey to its own errros in the latest round of broshures, which errantly published the specifications of the Galaxy class for MV Century.

Norm.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
Admiral

You missed my point completely. Someone asked a question and expected an answer. You told them the Galaxy class which according to Celebrity does not exsist. They could spend time researching something which only exsists on your posts. Only making the point that you are referring to something completely useless for research and you answered the question incorrectly according to the cruise lines facts.

Don
Old July 3rd, 2006, 11:43 PM
Admiral

Don,

You missed my point completely. Someone asked a question and expected an answer. You told them the Galaxy class which according to Celebrity does not exsist. They could spend time researching something which only exsists on your posts. Only making the point that you are referring to something completely useless for research and you answered the question incorrectly according to the cruise lines facts.

No, you missed my point completely. I'm not going to echo the cruise line's propagandists when they put out information that's provably wrong.

Norm.
Old July 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Admiral

That certainly helps the newbie who needs to find information. I understand your point, disagree with it doesnt help those who don't know any better.
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Default inside pool

The inside pool on the Infinity is spectacular! it is for "adults only" & is part of their aqua-spa. The Summit has a comparable pool as well. It has a permanent (non-retractable) glass roof & is a great place to get away from the noise of the outside pool, or when on a cruise to a colder destination; i.e. Alaska for example.