CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Celebrity orders 3rd ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/317457-celebrity-orders-3rd-ship.html)

Y2C July 19th, 2006 06:15 PM

Celebrity orders 3rd ship

Celebrity Places Another New Ship Order
Celebrity Cruises, which already has two Solstice class ships on order, has committed to building a third.

The ship, which like its siblings Solstice and Equinox will measure 118,000 tons and carry 2,850 passengers, will be built at Meyer Werft, a shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. Features of the as-yet-unnamed vessel include an
outside cabin ratio of 90 percent (and 90 percent of those will have verandahs) and staterooms that average 215 square ft. -- definitely larger than those found on Celebrity's other ships.

Solstice is slated for a fall 2008 debut with Equinox following in summer of 2009. The newest new ship will be delivered in 2010.

Rev22:17 July 19th, 2006 09:53 PM

Y2C,

Celebrity Cruises, which already has two Solstice class ships on order, has committed to building a third.

The ship, which like its siblings Solstice and Equinox will measure 118,000 tons and carry 2,850 passengers, will be built at Meyer Werft, a shipyard in Papenburg, Germany. Features of the as-yet-unnamed vessel include an
outside cabin ratio of 90 percent (and 90 percent of those will have verandahs) and staterooms that average 215 square ft. -- definitely larger than those found on Celebrity's other ships.

Solstice is slated for a fall 2008 debut with Equinox following in summer of 2009. The newest new ship will be delivered in 2010.

Yes, but somebody else posted this item yesterday. Did you miss this thread?

Norm.

Y2C July 20th, 2006 01:27 AM

Guess I did Norm, have been preoccupied and can not watch every forum.

dkjretired July 20th, 2006 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev22:17
Y2C,

Yes, but somebody else posted this item yesterday. Did you miss this thread?

Norm.

Just curious but are you a moderator as you seem lately to want to Police everything on this board.

Don

Fern July 20th, 2006 08:24 PM

Hi Don,

The last thing Norm needs is me to defend him, but having worked for a long time for an engineer I "get" where he's coming from!

He's not a moderator, but has lots of good info to share.

From what I've seen over the years, engineers are very precise and the facts are the facts LOL ! While I don't always agree with him :roll: , I appreciate most of his posts!

JeanS July 21st, 2006 06:24 AM

Rev has a lot of time on his hands to read every post on every board here and expects that everyone else does too..... :D

skymaster July 22nd, 2006 09:07 AM

Right you are Jean. Besides,,,,someone might want to wear jeans or a Tuxedo T-Shirt on FORMAL NIGHT!