CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Gay/Lesbian Alaska July 27, 2007 Cruise Couple (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/317972-gay-lesbian-alaska-july-27-2007-cruise-couple.html)

RVAMember July 28th, 2006 11:05 AM

Gay/Lesbian Alaska July 27, 2007 Cruise Couple

Just confirmed reservation for Summit Alaska cruise July 27th, 2007. Would enjoy meeting other gay/lesbian couples travelling on same cruise. Please respond if you would like to meet for coffee, martini, and dinner some evening. Like to know that we are not onboard alone! Mike and Bernie

Fern July 28th, 2006 08:55 PM

Hi Mike & Bernie,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

Have you posted on the G/L board here:

http://cruisemates.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42 ?

(BTW, I don't think you'll be on board alone LOL .)

Hope you find some new friends on your cruise :) . Have a great time!

RVAMember August 13th, 2006 05:57 PM

Help me understand ! ! !

I don;t get it???? 75 people read the subject, but only one reply? What is THAT all about? I mean how does this thing work? Am I expecting too much from the other members? Is it typical to read fairly obvious subjects and just NOT respond? Help me..... I really don't understand how it works apparently. Let me know.... or I guess you will just read this and say nothing!

Bernie

Fern August 13th, 2006 08:54 PM

Hi Bernie and Mike,

I'll say something :D !

Don't feel bad! I've had my November cruise on the "Meet on Board" section since February 1, and had only one post (someone who I'd already met on another board) :( .

Sometimes there's just not anyone on these boards cruising with you :( .

It's still pretty early to find others cruising with you. Just be patient 8) .

The reason you've had so many "hits" without responses is that many of us (me included!) read every new post, whether it applies to us or not!

As your sailing date comes closer I'm sure you'll find others cruising with you,

gambitscuba August 14th, 2006 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern

The reason you've had so many "hits" without responses is that many of us (me included!) read every new post, whether it applies to us or not!

Because if we do not check them... the post it stays yellow... and that's sooo annoying... because you don't know if there's something you missed on the celebrity board if your in the index.. so you come back to check it out... and no... it's the one you didn't check... so you have to check it... LOL

bububr August 15th, 2006 12:22 PM

Hi Mike and Bernie

John ( My Husband /Canada/ - Domestic Partner / USA/ ) and I have traveled X for years. We tend to meet many interesting people, and only a handful that we just wish we didn't.

X as well as MOST of its passengers are very respectful of our relationships, so don't worry too much about it.

As Fern also stated, there may not be anyone on your specific cruise to post to your thread. It might be helpful to go to the people threads and post under the gay/lesbian boards.

We have also attended FOD meetings onboard to meet new people.

Have fun on your cruise.

Dave :twisted:

RVAMember September 10th, 2006 01:55 PM

Thanks for your reply

Thanks Dave & John
Wow.... you guys REALLY love Celebrity... how many cruises have you been on with them now? It is very discouraging to reead all the negative stuff people write. I guess they are either simply negative individuals, or like to nit-pick everything to death.. We are more of the "life is what you make of it" type individuals. I hope I do not have enough time to search through the public areas to find "thread-bare upholstery." I would rather enjoy the Alaskan scenery. I also find that people (crew) will probably treat you according to how they feel that they are being treated as well! At least that is our experience with waiters and witresses when dining out! We still anticipate that we will have a fantastic experience and hope we meet other gay couples in the process. Take care,

Mike and Bernie