Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2006, 11:48 AM
Passenger

Default Summit Penthouse Suite

Well, we took the plunge and reserved the Penthouse Suite. Would love to hear from anybody who has been in Suite 6147. We have a couple questions regarding the suite. Where does the stairwell on the deck lead to? Since it is above the Cosmopolitan restaurant, we were wondering if we are require to serve dessert and coffee to all the diners? Also, is the baby grand a "pianodisk" system, as we have several disks we will bring with us if it is. Any idea how many guests can be invited for a "cocktail party" without feeling "overcrowded?" Will we ever want to leave the deck? It looks beautiful in the brochures, but enjoy seeing any pictures that some on has taken of the Suite. Thanks for any input you can offer/

Bernie and Mike

Celebrity Summit Southbound Cruise
Penthouse Suite 6147
Can you tell we are excited ? ?
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Well I can't answer alot of your specific questions, as I didn't stay in the PH suite.

However, I did "work" in one for a day writing an article about being a butler... and the suite is really spectacular. And you're right, the deck is heavenly.
Here's a pic of me serving breakfast in the PH suite...
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 13th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Default I don't get it ? ?

We are new to this website, but I don't understand.... when you ask a question and then you see that 67 people read you subject, but only one responds???? Are there just a bunch of voyeurs out there or what? Thank you Kuki for at least saying something back to us! I guess I just expected more input from other passengers... maybe I misunderstand how this is all supposed to work! Well, maybe in time we will receive more information. Thanks again Kuki

Penthouse Suite 6147
Old August 13th, 2006, 07:35 PM
First Mate

we were recently on Summit & invited as guests to a party in that very suite--it was very large & laid out well for a cocktail party..-it was beautifully appointed-- there's a large entry hall, large bedroom,, butler's pantry, outdoor deck with hot tubs & a baby grand ( I think your disks might be Ok but suggest you check with the cruise line) , there was a big TV, wired all over for internet... the bathrooms were grand! The food was served buffet style in the dining area & we all just circulated around inside & out. The deck was huge --great aft views... Seating inside was a bit limited --the party was an open house with people coming & going..We really enjoyed visiting & anyone who is lucky enough to bbok this suite will surely want to invite guests.. Just curious but what is an RVA member? Enjoy your wonderful suite!
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Passenger

Default RE: RVAMember

Thanks for all the info about the Penthouse. We are Sooooooo excited, but still have 347 days to wait for it to become a reality! RVAMember is my email address. It stands for Recreational Vehicle Association Member, a now "defunct" group of people who enjoy camoing together in theior motorhomes, trailers, fifth wheels, pop-ups, etc. We have a motorhome and really love it. even though we live in the Midwest, we use it year round.... the state campgrounds are open, but usually empty during the winter months and it can be really beautiful to have 200 or 300 acres to yourself to take a morning walk with the dog in the snow.... and I hate winter! ANyhow, thanks again for yor information. we are hoping we can get a couple friends to take Suite 6145, which adjoins the Penthouse and then we won't have to worry about any "noise" we might make disturbing the neighbors, as I understand there is a connetcing door in the Dining Room. It may also be gone already, but worth a chance!
Bernie

Penthouse Suite 6147
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:17 PM
First Mate

now with your booking this suite--maybe you'll pick a seaworthy tag!
Old August 14th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Passenger

Default Seaworthy tag ? ? ?

hcat

any suggestions?

Penthouse Suite 6147
Old August 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Default How depressing....

We are all excited about our cruise to Alaska on the Summit and then read these "horribly negative" comments about how bad the ship looks... all tattered and thread-bare. The only thing they neglected to mention were the rats running wild throughout the cabins! I refuse to let these "negative" people put a damper on my trip! How often do they actually dry-dock and/or replace furnishings / linens / etc.?

On a different note.... I would love to get some feedback on the offerings by Celebrity for on-shore activities... there are over 30+ to choose from in Juneau alone!!!! How does one even begin to decide? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Penthouse Suite 6147
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Summit Penthouse Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAMember
Well, we took the plunge and reserved the Penthouse Suite. Would love to hear from anybody who has been in Suite 6147. We have a couple questions regarding the suite. Where does the stairwell on the deck lead to? Since it is above the Cosmopolitan restaurant, we were wondering if we are require to serve dessert and coffee to all the diners? Also, is the baby grand a "pianodisk" system, as we have several disks we will bring with us if it is. Any idea how many guests can be invited for a "cocktail party" without feeling "overcrowded?" Will we ever want to leave the deck? It looks beautiful in the brochures, but enjoy seeing any pictures that some on has taken of the Suite. Thanks for any input you can offer/

Bernie and Mike
Bernie and Mike, I just arrived home from the Summit's September 16, laska Cruise and a now dear friend had the Penthouse Suite, 6148. The stariwell on the deck is merely for the maintenance crew; it goes 'nowhere' for the occupants. The baby grand plays discs as well as taking one's own personal touch. As for a party, our gentleman friend met 85 of us on a message board from another cruise site and all 85, plus a few others were invited for a Sail Away Party as we departed Vancouver. There were, maybe two bartenders, 3-4 waiters serving hot and cold hors d'oeuvres, the piano player and all of the invited guests and it was not the least bit crowded. I have been to other parties in Penthouse Suites - on the Millennium - and the suites are absolutely breathtaking. It would be difficult, one would imagine to ever want to leave the premises. Several of us were invited down from time-to-time for breakfast and several other parties, i.e. Baileys and Coffee as we were going to the Hubbard Glacier. The occupant and his guests ate dinner in the suite several times as well. I have added my e-mail address in my profile, so feel free to write me and I will be more than happy to send you some pictures. You are going to have a WONDERFUL cruise and the Summit is absolutely fantastic - not 'falling apart' as some have stated!
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Summit Penthouse Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAMember

Bernie and Mike
Forgot to add something, Bernie and Mike,

We ALL enjoyed the cruise SO MUCH that at this point in time, 17 of us have already rebooked for the SAME cruise next September, which should tell you something about the ship and the fun we all had. I figure, what I did not get to see this time I can 'catch' next year. We leave several ports way too early to my liking, BUT this is because the harbor fees and port charges for the company would be outlandish to stay any longer. Victoria, BC is absolutely magnificent and we would all loved to have left at night with all the lights on, but could not. We had wonderful weather with only a drizzly day a couple of times - no really cold days and sunshine in three ports, to include Seattle - imagine that!

Caroline