Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to tomjohnsonjr
Default Galaxy's condition,food and service

Can someone who has been on the Galaxy with in the last two months tell me if this ship needs alot of work and how the food was?

Thank you for your help
Tom
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2006, 06:41 AM
Passenger

I have just returned from the East med cruise on the Galaxy, and I thought it was fantastic.
This was my first time on holiday on a cruise ship, although my partner worked for Celebrity for a long time. We both agree that the condition of the ship was really good, especially considering some of the recent comments posted here. It could possibly do with the odd lick of paint here and there, but nothing major. The jacuzzis weren't working when we were there, but that was ok.
The food was amazing, second to none, and more than I could hope to eat. The steak was to die for. The service was also excellent, very efficiant and always with a smile.
If I had the money and the time off work, I would be back on it today.
Highly reccommended!!!
Cheers
Wills
Old September 13th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Passenger

I was on the Galaxy 25 August 2006 and experienced the Galaxy as ship with a very hardworking and superfriendly crew, superb ambiance and nice layout. The interior of the ship is well maintained and to my surprise, this aspect of the ship doesn't need to refurbish this or next year.

The exterior is a different story. Although the ship is very clean, the pooldeck, pools, floor, outside walls, chairs need definitely a refurbishment. On top of that, the 4 whirlpools were out of order, the kidspool (1 day), the main pool (first day) and de T-pool (1 day). The crew was constantly painting chairs (!), varnish the wood, replacing some warningshields at the pooldeck, replacing the ceiling of the kidspool etc. The exterior looks very old and needs to repair thouroughly.

The ship is really clean and although the exterior was a bit disappointed to us, we had one of our best cruises. The itinerary, crew and food was excellent and it might sound strange, but overall we loved the ship (interior is bright white) and I would definitely sail on her in a heartbeat.
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Beginner

Hi, I was on the Galaxy just 3 weeks ago; and I can assure you, you have nothing to worry about! It's a beautiful ship
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Well...she is beautiful, but keep my post in mind when you want to book this ship. Celebrity has to improve the outer decks and furniture.