Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Beginner

Default 11 NIGHT MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE ON GALAXY?

It appears that Celebrity has changed the itinerary for the 11-night cruises.They are no longer going to Istanbul or Ephesus Turkey.Has anyone noticed these changes or can confirm these changes.I found the changes on their web site.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Dottie,

It appears that Celebrity has changed the itinerary for the 11-night cruises.They are no longer going to Istanbul or Ephesus Turkey.Has anyone noticed these changes or can confirm these changes.I found the changes on their web site.

Good observation! The line clearly has changed the itinerary.

I have not seen any information as to reasons for the change, but I would not read much into it. It could be something as innocuous as lack of pier space at one or another of the ports of call.

Norm.
Old September 4th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Beginner

It was for the Sept. 04,2006 sailing.They are not showing the next 11 day sailing on sept. 25,2006?It may be sold out.
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Familiar Face

Default Galaxy Sept 25th

The rumours about the ship cancelling calls at Istanbul and Kusadasi appear to be getting louder....and I guess where there is smoke there is usually a fire!.

Wouldn't it be just commonsense for the Cruise Line to have a Press Release on this matter to let passengers booked on cruises from now until November to get some kind of idea whats going on.

I was looking forward to these Ports BUT if its not safe I would like to know and also know in advance what substitute Ports of Call will be made. Waiting till you are on board anticipating these visits is not a good time to reveal they are cancelled....public relations are important. Cant understand why some comment hasnt been made.

Any other information would be appreciated.
Old September 4th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Mikey55,

I was looking forward to these Ports BUT if its not safe I would like to know and also know in advance what substitute Ports of Call will be made. Waiting till you are on board anticipating these visits is not a good time to reveal they are cancelled....public relations are important. Cant understand why some comment hasnt been made.

Changes to itineraries appear on Celebrity's web site as soon as they become official. The most expedient way to check is to select your ship and the mongh of our sailng on the home page, activate the search for matching cruises, and click on the actual sailing date in the list of matching cruises. If your cruise does not appear in the search, it's sold out. In this case, you have to log into the Celebrity site to view the updated itinerary from your current bookings.

Norm.
Old September 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM
Beginner

My understanding is that the Turkey ports were cancelled due to the bombings in Turkey. Dubrovnik and Messina have been substituted.