CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Types of appliances that can he used in bathroom socket (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/320365-types-appliances-can-he-used-bathroom-socket.html)

Shorebrook September 9th, 2006 02:54 PM

Types of appliances that can he used in bathroom socket

:?: I am scheduled on the Infinity. I have booked a Sky Suite. What kind of electrical appliances can be used in the bathroom? It is my understanding that the bathroom electrical socket is different than the one at the desk. I would like to put a nite light in the bathroom. Please advise. Thanks!!!

JimmyD September 9th, 2006 05:19 PM

Never had a suite, but I have used a night light in the socket designated for shavers in the regular staterooms. The night light uses much less current than a shaver, so it should be all right.

Irish Shark September 9th, 2006 07:16 PM

Night light and shaver are OK. Just don't use it for high current draw appliances.

Hair curlers, hairdryer, etc .....

Rev22:17 September 9th, 2006 09:38 PM

Shorebrook,

I am scheduled on the Infinity. I have booked a Sky Suite. What kind of electrical appliances can be used in the bathroom? It is my understanding that the bathroom electrical socket is different than the one at the desk. I would like to put a nite light in the bathroom. Please advise. Thanks!!!

My experience is in standard cabins, so suites my differ. IIRC, the so-called "shaver" socket in the head is a European socket so you'll need the standard set of travel adapters to plug anything with a standard American plug into it. The socket at the desk is a standard American socket.

Norm.

JimmyD September 10th, 2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev22:17
Shorebrook,

My experience is in standard cabins, so suites my differ. IIRC, the so-called "shaver" socket in the head is a European socket so you'll need the standard set of travel adapters to plug anything with a standard American plug into it. The socket at the desk is a standard American socket.

Norm.

Norm,
I beg to differ. I have been on the Galaxy and Constellation and have used my standard U.S.A. night light, without any adapter, in the bathroom "shaver" socket.
Jimmy

Fieldmouse September 11th, 2006 12:27 AM

Re: Types of appliances that can he used in bathroom socket

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shorebrook
:?: I am scheduled on the Infinity. I have booked a Sky Suite. What kind of electrical appliances can be used in the bathroom? It is my understanding that the bathroom electrical socket is different than the one at the desk. I would like to put a nite light in the bathroom. Please advise. Thanks!!!

Good idea about using a night light in the bathroom...we use an alarm clock that has a little night light attached at the bottom...it's off until you pick it up, then it shines like a soft flashlight...Perfect for finding your way around in a dark cabin...BUT a night light...wow...hadn't thought of that.

We've been on the Infinity and Mercury...had a suite on both...couldn't use our personal hairdryer on either ship in the bathroom. BUT could use them from the plugs in the cabin.