Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Beginner

Default Price of wine on Infinity - dining room

Hello everyone,

I keep thinking of different questions to ask, perhaps I should amalgamate them all together. Anyway, here goes: I have read about wine packages versus buying individual bottles. Do tell, we like our wine with our dinner.

Cheers

Rozzie
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Rozzie,

I keep thinking of different questions to ask, perhaps I should amalgamate them all together. Anyway, here goes: I have read about wine packages versus buying individual bottles. Do tell, we like our wine with our dinner.

Prices for wines on Celebrity's regular wine list, normally served in the main dining room, start around $20 per bottle with more expensive wines costing around $60 per bottle.

The specialty restaurants on the ships of the Millennium class, which includes GTS Infinity, have their own wine cellars with a selection of more expensive wines as well as wines in the standard range. These wine cellars also have some bottles of rare wines that may cost several thousand dollars each. The wine stewards will serve the wines from the specialty restaurant's wine list in the main dining room, if asked.

When I'm travelling on a ship of the Millennium class, I usually order the La Bernardine Chateauneuf du Pape for the "formal" evenings. It's only a few dollars more than the Chateauneuf du Pape that's on the wine list of the main dining room, but I find that the better wine is much smoother. Of course, you can get a very nice bottle of Beaujolais Villages for about half the price of either Chateauneuf....

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Admiral

My husband also enjoys a good glass of wine.

Wine in the specipecialty restaurants do tend to be expensive, but they are well worth it. Since I'm allergic to the sulfities in wine, and unless we have another couple joining us at dinner, my husband just orders wine by the glass.

On the Infinity they do have wine auctions, and we're sorry we did NOT take advantage of the opportunity. The wines offered and the prices were excellent.
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Beginner

Default Spirit of the Wine

Thank you very much Norm for such a quick reply with useful information.

Regards Rozzie
Old September 17th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Beginner

Default Price of wine on Infinity

Fieldmouse

Thank you for your reply, the information contained in it is very helpful.

Regards Rozzie
Old September 18th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Celebrity doesn't offer wine packages - only wine by the bottle from a rather large wine list or a more limited variety available by the glass.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old September 19th, 2006, 01:08 PM
First Mate

whatever you order it will have a high mark up from what you would pay at home--even at a good restaurant! Plus the 15%