Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:06 AM
Passenger

Default Corkage fee?

What is the current corage fee on celebrity?
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'm almost certain it's $15. Though if you tip the somellier a bit extra the first bottle, I'll bet you're not charged the next time.
Old September 21st, 2006, 10:29 PM
Admiral

kmontserrat,

What is the current corage fee on celebrity?

Yes, I think Kuki is right -- $15 is the figure that I recall. A bit steep, I'd say!

Norm.
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:14 PM
Admiral

I believe under the new rules regarding alcohol that you are not permitted to bring wines anymore so the corkage fee is moot. How strictly they are enforcing it I don't know.

Don
Old September 21st, 2006, 11:34 PM
Admiral

dkjretired,

I believe under the new rules regarding alcohol that you are not permitted to bring wines anymore so the corkage fee is moot. How strictly they are enforcing it I don't know.

To what rules are you referring? I have never known of any cruise line to prohibit passengers from bringing aboard beer and wine.

Norm.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Directly from multiple cruiseline websites, including Celebrity's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrity
Wine purchased by or on behalf of our guests from our selection of Bon Voyage gifts are not subject to a corkage fee.

Gifts of wine not purchased through Celebrity's Bon Voyage Gift program, or not selected from Celebrity's onboard wine list will be subject to a corkage fee of $15 per bottle.

Please note in accordance with our Guest Alcohol Policy Policy our guests may not purchase liquor ashore for consumption on board. Beer, Wine or Spirits brought onboard by our guests will be placed in storage and returned on the last day of the voyage. Alcohol purchased in our onboard shops will be delivered to the guest stateroom on the final day of the cruise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival
Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Caribbean
Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Vacation Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.
It's been that way for quite awhile. As with many other rules, enforcement has been the issue.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 22nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Admiral

Celebrity issued new policies in July of this year, probably most notable was changing the drinking age to 21. Included in these policies was a sricter policy on all liquor including wines. I have included a link with the wording from the policy. This was the topic of a great deal of heated exchanges on other boards and as Mike said earlier, the enforcement is the real issue. It is the policy now however.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...me=faq_answers
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:07 PM
Admiral

Mike M. & dkjretired,

Thanks for the info.

My understanding forbidding passengers from bringing liquor aboard did not apply to beer and wine, but it might have changed. In any case, the policy that you quote is inhenrently self-contradictory since the $15 corkage fee would apply only to wine that passengers bring aboard themselves.

Or is this anohter example of inaccurate information on the line's web site, as with its dress codes???

Norm.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 11:28 PM
Admiral

Norm:

I agree about the contradictory comments. As I stated earlier this has been discussed ad nauseum on other boards with some saying there has been no change and others saying items are being taken away. We will have to see how this plays out in the next few months.

Don
Old September 30th, 2006, 11:40 PM
First Mate

It is my understanding that corkage only applies to those bottles you want opened in the dining room.Those you want for your room a totally different story unless they have changed something in the last couple of months.Any comments?How are they going to check all baggage of upwards of 3000 passengers for those stuffed in your bags as mouth wash etc.
Old October 1st, 2006, 12:32 AM
Admiral

They have changed things in the last couple of months, July actually. Exactly how and whether they will enforce their new rules remains to be seen but the new rules forbid wine being taken aboard period. They still however have the corkage fee which is contrary to the new rules. We just have to see how this plays out.

Don