Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Beginner

Default Theme evenings on 10-day cruise? (Century, October 6, 2006)

I'll be going on my first cruise in only a few days - too bad I didn't find this site sooner! I finally stumbled upon something on the Celebrity site about various theme nights they have - I'm supposing it varies by ship, season and length of cruise. Does anyone have any idea what they might do in an early October 10-day Mediterrean cruise? I want to go prepared for a tropical theme if necessary or a 50s theme or whatever other options they have. I don't want to go prepared for every theme (I'm having a hard time figuring out how to pack just my regular clothes without adding in a whole mess of themed outfits!).

Thanks for any advice or help on this topic! I believe this is one of the first voyages for this renovated ship - I think our travel agent is actually going on the "dedication" cruise, which is scheduled after our cruise. I'll take some pictures to post and give some feedback about it when I return. As it's my first cruise, I don't have anything to compare to, but I'll say what I can.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Admiral

jbindallas,

I'll be going on my first cruise in only a few days - too bad I didn't find this site sooner! I finally stumbled upon something on the Celebrity site about various theme nights they have - I'm supposing it varies by ship, season and length of cruise. Does anyone have any idea what they might do in an early October 10-day Mediterrean cruise? I want to go prepared for a tropical theme if necessary or a 50s theme or whatever other options they have. I don't want to go prepared for every theme (I'm having a hard time figuring out how to pack just my regular clothes without adding in a whole mess of themed outfits!).

I'm not sure what you are planning to back that takes so much space, but I posted [url=http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557777]packing lists for a 14-night Celebrity cruise[/i] on the "Cruise Dress and Packing" board a while back. I put everhting on the list for men into a "two suiter" (26" roller back) and a "pilot case") (22" roller back) with room to spare. I think that your cruise also has three "formal" evenings, so the only adjustment that you'll need to make to this list is to change the 15's to 11's. The notes in the post in the packing list explain how I make it work and provide some tips for selection of what to bring.

Celebrty usually has an "island" theme night on Caribbean cruises and a "fiesta" theme night on Mexican Riviera cruises. "Panama Canal" cruises usually have one of each, while the ship is on the respective side of the continent. I think that theme nights in the Mediterranean are less likely, but bring a "Hawai'ian" shirt just in case. Most "Hawai'ian" shirts fold very flat, and thus do not take much room in your suitcase. Other theme nights could include a "big band" night, a "50's" night, or a "country & western" ("hoe-down") night, but none are guaranteed.

After meeting ships in Europe the past two years and riding them back to the States, I'm going the opposite direction next month -- to Hawai'i aboard GTS Infinity.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Norm.
Old September 30th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Admiral

And to be perfectly honest, a large, large majority of the people do not dress up for the theme nights so if you want to save the packing space you will not be out of place....

Don
Old September 30th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Outside of Halloween, I have not seen anyone dress for a theme night. It acutally isn't a theme night on Celebrity - it is a party after late seating or the midnight buffet that has a theme. The staff's dressing to the theme is minimal - maybe Hawaiian shirts for the fruit and sherbert Island buffet. I wouldn't waste the space dragging extra clothes that you would wear for only an hour or two.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old September 30th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the tips. Part of why I'm worried about what I'm packing is that I'll arrive in Barcelona a few days in advance to spend some time. After the cruise, I'm travelling to Madrid for 4 nights, then Seville for a couple of nights, then another night in Barcelona, and finally back home. So I'll be gone over 3 weeks altogether. I do plan to just forget the cost of it all and go ahead and have laundry services take care of some stuff while I'm on the cruise - I may as well just enjoy myself as much as I can, while I have the chance!
Old September 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Here's a link to the laundry prices in case you need it.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/befo...me=faq_answers