Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2006, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Default booze in your room

going on the infinity on oct 8th to panama canel
do they check your bags for liqour to drink in your room
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:38 PM
First Mate

Have never had problem with checked luggage however your pull behind will be checked and there is good chance they will confiscate booze and return the last day of the cruise however wine should be ok and I saw a man bring on a case of champagne some time ago.There are many comments on this subject with one person saying the changes have been made since July however I would like to hear from someone who has not been able to bring wine on without them taking it at the dock.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Celebrity did indeed issue a new policy in July which changed everything as far as bringing liquor on board. Apparently from what I am reading here and other boards is that they are not enforcing it if it is in your suitcase. It may take a little time before it is sorted out however. The new policy forbids everything including wine.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Passenger

I have packe small miniatures in bubble wrap in my suitcase befoe and there was no problems, but this was before the new policy, so who knows
Old October 4th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Beginner

Default Liquor on board

If you pack it in your bag prior to boarding you should be OK. They are holding all liquor purchased in port as your bags are scanned upon your return. I'm sure the recent accidents have caused them to enforce the policy.
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: booze in your room

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaseljack
going on the infinity on oct 8th to panama canel
do they check your bags for liqour to drink in your room
Just be careful....DO NOT CARRY ANY LIQUOR in your carry-on. IF they detect it they will confiscate and CAN - printed online earlier in June, I believe it was - deny you embarkation for the cruise.....getting home is on your own steam and you loose your entire cruise $. Several people carried the minis in their checked baggage; I wouldn't carry any full-size bottles AT ALL - too easily detected.

Caroline
Old October 17th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Familiar Face

Really now, are we assuming that the cruise line is scanning all luggage for "adult beverages" between the time it is dropped off at the dock at embarkation and the time it is delivered to your cabin?
Old October 30th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Passenger

I can't imagine that they will inspect bags that are checked for booze, if so they would have to start embarkation in the morning to get the bags on the ship in time to sail. I know there is a new policy, but whether they will enforce it with checked baggage is doubtful. The wording alone will deter people from bringing booze onbaord, but others will take a chance and do it anyway. I don't personally pack any myself, but the couples that are sailing with us plan to.
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Familiar Face

Has anyone had any difficulties since this "new" policy has been enacted?
We usually take wine and other refreshments in our checked luggage, but sure don't want to risk the thought of being thrown off the ship.

Weaseljack, do you have anything to report after your sailing?
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Passenger

I'm sailing Monday 11/13 on Century and I will let you know what I observe. Disembarking passengers who have liquor in carryons or checked luggage is really not going to happen. They want the revenue that each passengers generates on the ship. The worst I could see happening is a scolding and they take the booze away and still allow them to sail.
Old November 10th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Familiar Face

We're sailing Mercury on 11/20, so timing is everything! Have a great time on the Century, one of our favorite ships on the high seas!
Old November 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to joannafx
Default booze in your room

How do you send yourself a package of booze on the ship? don't you need a shipping address?
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Familiar Face

Look in the back of your cruise docs for Bon Voyage gifts. Liquor packages should be there along with wine selections, tuxes, flowers, the usual buffet of more ways to spend your dollars with Celebrity.

I'm from Maryland also. Have a great time!
Old November 15th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Familiar Face

Old November 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Beginner

I just returned from cruise on Galaxy and had fifth of rum in packed luggage....no problems.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:20 AM
Passenger

I boarded Century in Barcelona Oct 6th. There is a duty free right in the terminal AFTER you check in and get your boarding pass. I had absolutely no problem purchasing, boarding, and returning for more wine within the hour. I did the same for the October 16 and 27th sailing out of the same port. Initial boarding with alcohol in carryons and back packs is not a problem. Later port purchases that are subject to Celebrity screening are a different matter. I have never heard of anyone being denied boarding as a result of a bottle or two in their luggage.
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:33 PM
First Mate

How did you like your cruise out of barcelona & how did you carry the wine purchased in port into the vessel?? Was the price lower than those on board?