Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2006, 08:41 PM
Beginner

Default Wedding Reception thoughts

I am having my wedding reception on board the Summit on the day of departure for a Hawaiian cruise and have just discovered this Forum. I'm a little nervous to be booking such an important event "in good faith" in the sense that I've never been on the ship or sailed with Celebrity. My fiance and I had booked the cruise for our honeymoon and then thought this would be a fun way to celebrate with our guests - with the added plus of not having to worry about getting to the ship on time.

Has anyone had experience with wedding receptions on the Summit? The wedding coordinator has been very kind but it would be great to get the input of people on this board. Any other tips or advice from cruisemates would be very welcome!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM
Admiral

Bride,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride
I am having my wedding reception on board the Summit on the day of departure for a Hawaiian cruise and have just discovered this Forum. I'm a little nervous to be booking such an important event "in good faith" in the sense that I've never been on the ship or sailed with Celebrity. My fiance and I had booked the cruise for our honeymoon and then thought this would be a fun way to celebrate with our guests - with the added plus of not having to worry about getting to the ship on time.

Has anyone had experience with wedding receptions on the Summit? The wedding coordinator has been very kind but it would be great to get the input of people on this board. Any other tips or advice from cruisemates would be very welcome!
Thanks!
I don't have personal experience, but I also have no doubt of Celebrity's ability to pull off a class act. Be aware that you probably will have to furnish a guest list to Celebrity sereral days before the reception, and that the reception will have to end in time for your guests to leave the ship before sailing.

Norm.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Beginner

Thanks so much for the reply and the reassurance!
Yes, guests have to be submitted quite a bit in advance but the wedding coordinator is helping me with this along with a plan for getting them off the ship in good time.

Then we get to wave good-bye before literally sailing off into the sunset .
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Admiral

I have seen them and talked to two couples who had their weddings on board. From speaking to them you and your guests are in for a treat. Congratulations

Don
Old October 3rd, 2006, 05:44 PM
Beginner

Thank you Don!
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:07 PM
Passenger

We got married on Infinity in Vancouver on July 9th and had a wonderful ceremony. We didn;t have a reception as it was just the 2 of us but the ship's crew made a fuss of us! They provided champagne and a cake. The photographer was excellent and took us all around the ship for photos. The Wedding coordinators in Florida arranged everything to a T. As we live in the UK it was a relief to have it all done for us. If you have any questions please ask away! Good luck!