Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Beginner

Default shore excursions

panama canel on oct 8th
aruba, costa rica, huatulco, cabo,
what are some great excursions
best snorkeling/
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2006, 07:08 PM
Admiral

weaseljack,

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaseljack
panama canel on oct 8th
aruba, costa rica, huatulco, cabo,
what are some great excursions
best snorkeling
Here are my recommendations for people who like to snorkel.

>> In Aruba, the catamran sail and snorkel with beach barbecue is fantastic. The catamaran picks you up at the pier in Oranjestad, heads up the coast to a couple swimming and snorkeling areas (the second has a werck that's teaming with all kinds of marine life!), then heads to a barbecue shack on the operator's pier where they put on a nice lunch. The crew points out attractions on land and serves beverages along the way. You'll have some time for swimming at the beach next to the pier, which is a great beach, before the catamaran brings you back to the ship.

>> In Puntarenas, I highly recommend the excursion to Grecia and Sarchi (I think that Celebrity calls it a "shopping trop to Sarchi" but it actually visits both). The tour visits a church in Grecia that's built from metal shipping containers, but it really is an impressive work of art, then continues on to Sarchi where you'll encounter some of the local culture. Local craftsmen make very colorful "ox cart" bars, both full size and miniature, with colorful designs that bear strong resemblance to the art of the "Pennsylvania Dutch."

>> Huatulco is a resort area under development and a relatively new port of call, but it offers fabuous beaches and sailing. I'm not sure about the snorkeling, but you can't go wrong with watersports there.

>> In Cabo San Lucas, take any of the "sail and snorkel" excursions that go out to "Land's End" (or "Los Arcos"). The area is teeming with wildlife and all kinds of colorful fish.

I should mention that all of the "sail and snorkel" excursions provide all snorkel equipment (masks, snorkels, fins, and vests if required). Of course, you are welcome to bring your own snorkel gear if you prefer.

Have a fantastic cruise! I'll be going aboard GTS Infinity as you are leaving her in Los Angeles on the 22nd!

Norm.
Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:10 PM
Passenger

Hi. I will be on her nov. 5th. you must be doing your doc dance. I am signed up to go on the Fort sandiego and acapulco highlights, snorkeling in cabos and huatalco and in costa rica we are going with Charlie Soto to Villas Lapas. plan to stay on board for the canal. in aruba we are planning to go to palm beach because the heinekein catamara regatta is going to be there then and then go shopping. we have never been to these ports, but these are our plans. have a great time and let us know how it was.
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Costa Rica - Zipline canopy tours!!! An unforgettable experience.

Kim
Old October 17th, 2006, 08:18 PM
First Mate

Costa Rica--Tortuguerqa canals was great--saw so much & learned alot--very relaxing