Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2006, 01:06 AM
Beginner

Default Just back from the Zenith

Just back from Bermuda on the Zenith and wanted to say it was an outstanding cruise!!! The crew on this ship is the best at sea in my opinion. It more than makes up for any blemishes the Zenith may have. I will say however that I saw no enforcement of dress codes as many would have you believe on these boards. Jeans in the dining room were common place and only perhaps 50 percent followed the posted dress code of the evening. I saw no one turned away. It in no way ruined my experience, I just wanted to let others know that Celebrity is not as strict as some would like you to believe. Bermuda is a wonderfull group of islands and the Zenith is great way to experience them.

Enjoy life!!!
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Glad to hear you had a great cruise. I look forward to cruising on her once again next month.

It seems that Celebrity sporadically enforces the dress code. I have seen it enforced on one occasion (at the entrance to the show where someone who changed after dinner was not admitted) out of all my cruises on Celebrity. The only reason why most posters mention it is because we don't want someone thinking that they can disregard the dress code and then complain when they happen to be on that one particular cruise where they are enforcing and are denied entrance to the dining room or show.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old November 4th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good By To The Zenith

Celebrity is trading ships! The Celebrity fleet will give Pullmantur (Spanish cruise line now owned by Royal Caribbean) the Zenith and will get the Blue Dream as part of the trade. The Blue Dream is one of the old Renaissance R ships. The ship is a lot smaller than the Zenith and can accommodate 685 passengers.

We are booked on her sister-ship the Insigna (Oceanic) in March 2008 on a three continent cruise out of Rio. We did sail the R4 in the South Pacific and loved the ship. It is the smallest ship we have sailed on and I am sorry I didn't have the Zenith booked for a Bermuda cruise - would love to do it on the new Celebrity Journey, the perfect ship to sail Bermuda waters, can dock almost any where. However, I don't know how many people already had reservations on the Zenith - some of them will have to stay home, no room on the Journey for all of them!

So, we will be one of the last groups to sail on the Zenith before she finds a new home in Spain, how sad. We will be cruising on the Zenith January 19. Glad we will be able to sail on her befofe she leaves the fleet. This will be our first and last cruise on the Zenith!

Marion
Summit 11/01
Millennium 2/02
Mercury 11/02
Star Princess 3/03
Zuiderdam 8/03
Century 10/03
Voyager of the Seas 2/04
Regal Princess 7/04
Zaandam 12/04
Galaxy 9/05
Infinity 1/06