Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Passenger

Default Summit - Specialty Restaurant Bookings

Hi,
We will be on the Summit for a Panama Canal cruise in a couple of weeks and we wanted to book an evening in the "Specialty Restuarant"...The Normandie.

Does anyone know when it's best to book this & can it be booked before we leave?

I think it's better to wait until we board & find out which nights are to be formal nights as I wouldn't want to book it on a formal night.

Does anyone have any tips and also, is wine included in the cover charge?

Thanks in advance......17 days & counting!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2006, 01:00 AM
Admiral

You don't say how long your cruise will be, but - generally the formal nights are the 2nd night and the night before the last night because the first night you may not have your luggage in time and the very last night is needed to do your packing.

I believe you have to wait until you're on board (but not sure of this). If I'm correct, then you go to a designated area shortly after you board (it will be listed in literature in your stateroom) where they will take the reservations.

No, wine is not included in the cover charge.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Admiral

pringle8,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We will be on the Summit for a Panama Canal cruise in a couple of weeks and we wanted to book an evening in the "Specialty Restuarant"...The Normandie.

Does anyone know when it's best to book this & can it be booked before we leave?
Members of the Captain's Club msy make reservations for dinner in specialty restaurants in advance. Everybody else can make reservations only onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I think it's better to wait until we board & find out which nights are to be formal nights as I wouldn't want to book it on a formal night.
I concur. If you wish to dine in the epecialty restaurant, one of the "informal" evenings is usually the best choice because the specialty restaurants require "informal" attire on the ship's "casual" evenings.

On Celebrity's cruises of ten or more nights, the formal evenings usually fall on (1) the second evening, (2) the nest to last evening, and (3) either a day at sea or a Sunday evening somewhere near the middle of the cruise. The edition of "Celebrity Today" for embarkation day usually shows the complete schedule of dress for each evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Does anyone have any tips and also, is wine included in the cover charge?
No, and the wines on the specialty restaurant's wine list are not exactly inexpensive. (BTW, you can order wines on the specialty restaurant wine lists by the bottle in the main dining room on ships that have specialty restaurants.)

Norm.