Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Photo galleries from Century Preview

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3153

The link above will take you the first photo gallery with pictures from the Century.

The cabin photos in this gallery of the Concierge Class cabin. The others are pictures around the ship, and labelled.

Link TO gallery 2 http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3154More to come!

Link to gallery 3 http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=3155

My article about the ship has been submitted, and should be appearing on the home page some time soon.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Thanks Kuki, that shouldget all the New Years cruisers hyped up.

Old November 17th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Admiral

Enjoyed your pix and looking forward to the in depth review. Thanks.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old November 17th, 2006, 11:59 PM
First Mate

Good evening, KUKI.

Thanks for pix;; great stuff.
WEll done
Cheers
Claude G

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Default Coming back from Century

Hi,

I'm new to this board and just came back from a 5 day Caribbean trip with Century.
We stayed in a CC stateroom (#9038, 9042). Compared to Infinity on which we sailed in March I found CC service very inconsistent: no flowers in the bathroom (only empty vase), missing binocular, pillow menu and CC bag. They also didn't provide Comment Cards and we had to ask for them.

Century looks nice but I found it nothing special and can't understand the hype about it. It even looked dirty in some places. Can't understand why Celebrity is using rug instead of teak wood on decks...

Jochen
Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:28 PM
First Mate

I just got off the first five day as well. It is a beautiful ship, but has some issues. First and foremost the CD was terrible, I understand she was just filling in for Dru Pavlov who will become the CD. She was very flat, I just can;t think of another word. Room service in CC class at least on my floor left me disappointed breakfast was cold, we had three cabins and every breakfast was cold. We did not get the tan bags, however I asked the Cabin Steward why, he said his supervisor said not to give them out. I asked for his supervisors name and that I wanted to talk to him, cabin steward then said he would get us the bags.
We had a very enjoyable time on the Century, first CC class, first balcony, a very special trip. The Century does have some issues, but I think they will work them out shortly.
Also there is a big leak in the buffet area that continued to be a problem throughout the cruise. And of all things the waffle iron broke I was however able to get a waffle the second day of the cruise, then the iron was gone forever. Roe
Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to Hobbsey1957
Default Thanks for the Photos

Hi Kuki, long time.

Becky and I are considering the Century for next Fall, so looking forward to your review.

Hope all is well.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Coming back from Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by jochenwb
Hi,

I'm new to this board and just came back from a 5 day Caribbean trip with Century.
We stayed in a CC stateroom (#9038, 9042). Compared to Infinity on which we sailed in March I found CC service very inconsistent: no flowers in the bathroom (only empty vase), missing binocular, pillow menu and CC bag. They also didn't provide Comment Cards and we had to ask for them.

Century looks nice but I found it nothing special and can't understand the hype about it. It even looked dirty in some places. Can't understand why Celebrity is using rug instead of teak wood on decks...

Jochen
Who was your cabin attendant, I was in room 9071. I did not see anything dirty. The flower in the bathroom kept dying, I think it must have been the steam.
Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere
Old November 22nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to Hobbsey1957
Default Teak Decks

Yeah, it's true, I am a bleeding heart liberal.

I love wooden decks, and really am not a fan of carpeted decks at all.

However, teak, the harvesting of it, is both harmful to the planet (clear cutting) and it involves the use of gang impressed (read slave) labor.

In the comng year of rememberance of William Wilberforce and his fight 200 years ago to end slavery we'll all be getting the opportunity to raise our awareness of this on-going global disgrace.
Old November 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Coming back from Century

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by jochenwb
Hi,

Jochen
Who was your cabin attendant, I was in room 9071. I did not see anything dirty. The flower in the bathroom kept dying, I think it must have been the steam.
Our cabin steward was "Arthur".
We also found out that Celebrity is not giving Comment Cards to international guests. Therefore our dining room waiter asked us to get them from Guest Relations.