Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2006, 04:40 PM
First Mate

Default Barcelona hotels

what is your fav hotel in Barcelona & why? We are hoping for something reachable by cab from the airport & then close enough to the major sites & tourist bus (hop on & off) Anyone try the Majestic?
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Passenger

We stayed at the H10 Universitat pre and post cruise. It was one of the best hotels we have stayed at. It's about a block from Playa Catalunya and Las Ramblas. Beautiful, modern, and clean.

For my wife and I, hotels are important. The H10 helped make Barcelona one of our all-time favorite cities.
Old November 18th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Default Hotel In Barcelona

thanks to cruise sites... we found a great hotel on The Ramblas...The Continental.. We will book theminute we book our trans-atlantic cruise for next December.. funky hotel..
Old November 19th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Avenida Palace, Barcelona

We stayed two nights at the Hotel Avenida Palace and really enjoyed it. It is centrally located and right next to the Ramblas which we walked to each day. Our room was quite comfortable and their continental breakfast was wonderful. Check out their website.
Old November 19th, 2006, 01:11 PM
First Mate

what abt Hotel majestic?
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Beginner

Don't have any information on Majestic... We stayed at Catalonia Atenas, which was very good, large and confortable room, excelent bathroom for a very reasonable price. We stayed not very near the Port/Las Ramblas but there was a metro station right across the Avenue and we needed only 3 or 4 stations to be downtown. We also toured there with those 2-floor buses (http://www.barcelona-on-line.es/eng/...s_turistic.htm), that took us to all great places, so it didn't really bother us to be a little far. But I saw on their website www.hoteles-catalonia.com and they have plenty of other options in the city.
Old December 28th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Beginner

I have stayed one night at the Hotel "Citat De Barcellona".The hotel is near Picasso's museum (200 metres).
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Avenida Palace, Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGal
We stayed two nights at the Hotel Avenida Palace and really enjoyed it. It is centrally located and right next to the Ramblas which we walked to each day. Our room was quite comfortable and their continental breakfast was wonderful. Check out their website.
I agree, stayed for several days there in 2000 and was very pleased. Convenient to everything including transprtation, the Ramblas and the waterfront. There is a major department store nearby for anything you may have forgotten.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old December 28th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

For our pre-cruise on our three transatlantics, we have stayed at Le Meridien right on Las Ramblas - only about 2 blocks from the tourist bus.
Great location and great hotel!
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old January 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
First Mate

we decided to go with the Avenida palace for the two pre-cruise nights & the Husa Oriente for the post night-- necessitated by DELTA changing our departure flight time. Hope Barcelona will be entertaining...& safe!
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:52 PM
First Mate

Default correction

It is the Atrium palace. that we booked. I am also a bit nervous abt the post-cruise choice Husa orente--being right on Las Ramblas--I assume it may be noisey & hope we are not stung by pickpockets! While I am looking forward to the cruise I wish we could skip Barcelona!
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Passenger

If you go to tripadvisor.com, you'll get some great advice for hotels in Barcelona. I 've been checking the stie out over the past few days since we'll be in Barcelona after our cruise in September. All the hotels referenced by previous posters in this loop get great reviews. A few others that get high marks are Hotel 1898, Hotel Montecarlo, and Hotel Jazz.

Hope this helps!!

Chris
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06

Old February 16th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Barcelona hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcat
what is your fav hotel in Barcelona & why? We are hoping for something reachable by cab from the airport & then close enough to the major sites & tourist bus (hop on & off) Anyone try the Majestic?
The Avenida Palace is nice and good location. So is the Majestic. I really like the Meridian on Las Ramblas if you want to spend the money. I loved Barcelona.
Old February 21st, 2007, 04:11 PM
Passenger

We stayed at the Barcelona Hilton which is located in an absolutely beautiful, upscale part of the city, about a twenty minute cab ride from the airport, about a seven minute cab ride to city-center and two blocks from the hop on/hop off stop. It's a lovely hotel in a super area, IF you don't mind being just a few minutes from downtown.