Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Beginner

Default Celebrity needs some new ships...

To stay in the top lines from its competitors particularly Princess. I wish Celebrity can add some new ships in the near future. I used to choose Celebrity over the others due to its high quality of food served. However, i find the ships like Galaxy, Zenith and Century have really showed their aging signs. Now when i plan for cruising, newer and more comfortable Princess ships have won my attention even though it doesn't have the good food as Celebrity.

I will go back to Celebrity if it has some new ships. I am sadly to leave this gourmet ship.
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Admiral

lawr01,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
To stay in the top lines from its competitors particularly Princess. I wish Celebrity can add some new ships in the near future. I used to choose Celebrity over the others due to its high quality of food served. However, i find the ships like Galaxy, Zenith and Century have really showed their aging signs. Now when i plan for cruising, newer and more comfortable Princess ships have won my attention even though it doesn't have the good food as Celebrity.

I will go back to Celebrity if it has some new ships. I am sadly to leave this gourmet ship.
First, I can't say that Princess's fleet is maintained any better than Celebrity's. My first thirteen cruises were with Princess, and I have also been aboard a couple of Celebrity's older vessels.

Second, Celebrity has a new class of three ships under construction. These vessels will enter service in 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Norm.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:07 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Celebrity needs some new ships...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawr01
However, i find the ships like Galaxy, Zenith and Century have really showed their aging signs. Now when i plan for cruising, newer and more comfortable Princess ships have won my attention even though it
Century has been recently renovated and is in pretty good shape. We just sailed in her for 34 days. I'm in agreement with Galaxy and Zenith but Zenith leaves the fleet this summer and is replaced with a former Renaissance ship, built in 2000, now the Celebrity Journey. Solstice, now under construction will begin sailing in 2008, followeb by Equinox in 2009 and Brand X in 2010.
Old November 24th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Beginner

Default Sanitation

I would be more concerned, about the sanitation issues, if I were you, and not how "pretty" the ships are. We encountered some nasty stains, on the mattresses, when we stripped the sheets back. The crew was busily sanitizing all the areas, where one might encounter norovirus- type germs, and neglected to give proper attention, to the miserably stained mattresses!! We have done some research, and spoken to the ships doctor, and were informed that, unless the sun hits the mattress, for a period of time, any stains, transferred to the mattress, were, most likely, still living. This is the most unsanitary situation, which we have encountered!! We found and photographed, what appeared to be, both visably, and odor-wise, urine, blood, ejaculate, vomit, and other unidentifyable stains, on both of our mattresses, aboard the vessel. We will not identify the ship, due to our loyalty, to Celebrity, and the fact that the Chief Housekeeper did correct the situation, in our cabin. We will NEVER AGAIN allow the steward to make our bed, without, first inspecting the condition, of the mattress. It is insulting to have a major cruise like expect to "pull the wool over our eyes", so to speak, and have us sleep, in such filth!! Cruisers, do yourselves a favor, and check the condition of your mattrresses, before utilizing them, for the night. If you find a situation, such as the one we found, you have the opportunity, to request that they fix the problem, to your satisfaction. I cannot imaging anyone wanting their wives or children to sleep , in such vile stuff!!! Just a suggestion. We will be carrying our own, very thick, mattress pads, with us, from now on. The odor, will, still, most likely, permeate them, but something is better than nothing. Apparently, it is a rule that mattresses must be steam cleaned and sanitized, whenever there is a problem, such as that. What do you all think????? Celebrity is, still, our cruise line of choice, and they do get one more chance, with us, and ONLY one more chance!!! Opinions????

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

First, I can't say that Princess's fleet is maintained any better than Celebrity's. My first thirteen cruises were with Princess, and I have also been aboard a couple of Celebrity's older vessels.

Second, Celebrity has a new class of three ships under construction. These vessels will enter service in 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Norm.[/quote]
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:34 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

How about taking antibacterial mattress covers?? Wouldn't that be an effective barrier against any germs in the mattress??