Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Default 30 year olds on Celebrity? Too young or not?

My stepdaughter and some other teachers want to go on a cruise during their school break. I was wondering if they would be too young to enjoy the cruise given the usual demographic. Should the consider NCL or Royal Caribbean instead?
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Admiral

leelee1977,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
My stepdaughter and some other teachers want to go on a cruise during their school break. I was wondering if they would be too young to enjoy the cruise given the usual demographic. Should the consider NCL or Royal Caribbean instead?
I would not worry about the demographics. On a typical ship with a couple thousand passengers, ten percent between, say, 21 and 40 is a couple hundred people in "their age bracket" so they will find plenty of people with whom to socialize.

The more important question is one of style -- Celebrity draws a more "upscale" crowd than Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean International. A typical seven night cruise on Celebrity has two "formal" evenings, two "informal" evenings (coat and tie for gentlemen), and only three "casual" evenings whereas a typical Royal Caribbean International cruise of the same duration has two "formal' evenings and five "casual" evenings and a typical cruise of the same duration on Norwegian Cruise Line has two "formal optonal" evenings and five "casual" evenings. I also suspect that Royal Caribbean International and Norwegian Cruise Line would be lot more tolerant of jeans in the dining room on "casual" evenings than Celebrity Cruises. Basically, if their tates are along the lines of "wine and cheese," Celebrity Cruises is a very good choice. If they prefer "pretzels and beer," they would be better off elsewhere.

Norm.
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Hey Norm;

Just what's wrong with pretzels and beet?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

Ken
Old November 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Beginner

We (four people around 30 years old) sailed Century two weeks ago and had a wondeful time. I think it depends on the length of the cruise. On a 5 day cruise you'll find more younger people than on a 14 night cruise.
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Ken,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Just what's wrong with pretzels and beet?
Nothing's wrong with pretzels. Beets. OTOH, are very high in purine, and I'm on a low purine diet and thus can't have them....

Norm.