Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2006, 02:46 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama
Default Conceige Class - Summit - Jan 6, 2007

What are your opinions about the Conceige Class of cabins?? We have never chosen this before - the brochures say we will receive some extras and good service - am just wondering if it is worth the extra money??We are on Sky deck.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Sherrie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
What are your opinions about the Conceige Class of cabins?? We have never chosen this before - the brochures say we will receive some extras and good service - am just wondering if it is worth the extra money??We are on Sky deck.
Well, Celebrity has not persuaded this passenger that a "Concierge Class" cabin is worth the added cost. YMMV.

OTOH, this stockholder of Celebrity's parent company is certainly glad that the line has found a way to generate additional profits. The incremental cost of the "Concierge Class" amenities probably is less than 1% of the additional fare for a "Concierge Class" cabin.

Realistically, I think that the emperor has no clothes. For example, the "Concierge Class" soaps appear to be the same soap as provided in standard cabins, but in a different wrapper that has "Concierge Class" printed on it. The terry bathrobes may cost slightly more than the woven bathrobes, but the line has just as much laundry either way. When you go down the list, I don't see much in the "Concierge Class" amenities that involves any real cost to the line. Thus, most of the inremental fare for a "Concerge Class" cabin goes straight into profit on the company's balance sheet.

Norm.
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Lil_Sis

I just arrived home after sailing on Constellation for 10 days in Concierge Class...sky deck #9061. We had a wonderful attendant named Marta, but I am sure all stateroom attendants are great. We agreed that if we sail Celebrity again, we will NOT choose Concierge Class. The minimal perks were not worth the added expense. The appetizers they brought were repeated a few times, and after a few of them, the "glow" wore off. I did not like the soap, but brought my own as I usually do. We will go with the larger room, with the bathtub and larger beds.

"If I could save time in a bottle....."
Old December 19th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Have to disagree with the others. Concierge is worth the extra cost and feel it is minimal with the amenities.

First of all you are booked on the sky deck and the balcony will be larger than a deck below for concierge.

Starting with a chilled bottle of champagne in the cabin. The robes are not those blasted waffle see through.
Flowers in the bath and cabin are a nice touch.
The bath mats are very nice and the towels are much better.
Even gets better, go for it.

Room attendants seem to cater better.

Concierge service is availble to you and much more.

So enjoy, it is a vacation and live life to the extreme .. it is to short to waste.

Old December 19th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Passenger

We have been in Concierge class twice and have booked it for the third time. The best perk is priorty embarkation lines. They are much shorter. Concierge class also gets priorty tenders and priorty on popular shore excurisions and specialty restaurants. These perks along with those already mentioned make it worth the extra cost to us. You also get credit for an additional cruise under the Captain's Club.