Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2007, 11:57 PM
Passenger

Default NEED QUESTIONS RE: CELEBRITY ZENITH

Husband and I are considering on booking a cruise on the Celebrity Zenith 10 day cruise to the W. Caribbean. Concerned about the ship itself being 8 yrs old. What are your thoughts. Any shops on this ship?

Thank You
Shan [/b]
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2007, 10:42 PM
Passenger

When were you thinking of going? The Zenith has been sold I believe, and was built in 1992, so it is 15 years old.

Wife and I went to Bermuda in October, we had a great time, loved the small ship atmosphere.

I belive the Zenith is being taken out of commission w/Celebrity in the spring, so you better hurry~~~~~~~~~
Old January 25th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Passenger

Default Zenith

My husband and I are going March 2nd....And I heard it was refurbished in 1999 as well as 2005......I love the itinerary for the 10 guy
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Familiar Face

Wife and I were on Zenith in March. She was in great shape and we loved it so much we are booked for 11 night Western Caribbean April 2. Her last sailing for Celebrity will be to New York on April 16.
Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Admiral

mrshark,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
When were you thinking of going? The Zenith has been sold I believe, and was built in 1992, so it is 15 years old.

Wife and I went to Bermuda in October, we had a great time, loved the small ship atmosphere.

I belive the Zenith is being taken out of commission w/Celebrity in the spring, so you better hurry~~~~~~~~~
The company did not sell MV Zenith, but she is leaving the Celebrity fleet in April. She's going to Celebrity's Spanish sister line, Pullmantur, which Celebrity's parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., acquired last fall. Two ships currently operated by Pullamantur, MV Blue Dream and MV Blue Moon, will come to Celebrity later this year as MV Celebrity Journey and MV Celebrity Quest, to operate as part of the "Celebrity Expeditions" fleet.

Norm.
Old February 25th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Passenger

But are there any shops? Toiletries, cigarettes, swimwear?
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Beginner

We sailed on the Zenith last week and really enjoyed her. She does show tome wear but everything was fine. The service was great and the crew were always friendly and helpful. As for stores, there is a jewelry store with a few clothing items..did not see any bathing suites. There is also another store that has t shirts and souveniers. There is a liquore shop which I think sold cigarettes. The ship is not as glitzy as some of the larger ships but it has a real warm feel to her. We had alot of fun and met alot of wonderful people.
Old February 28th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Admiral

She is far more than 8 years old and is leaving the fleet as mentioned. We cruise her after the 2005 refurbasion. We had a CC catagory cabin. The size was nice, the linens new but not the bedspread. The service was average. I can't say any one thing was bad, but it wasn't special for sure. Overall the condition of the ship was great; everywhere you turned someone was plishing railings, cleaning floors or doing something to keep her fresh and shiney. I would cruise her again for the right price but would not pay top $. NMnita
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to njgirl3680

I cruised on the Zenith three years ago and the entire cruise was awesome. Sine the ship is smalled then alot of the enormous ships out there I think the service is top notch.

Laurie
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just got off last week

Im saddened, saddened by the fact that I will not be able to sail on Zenith again. It was our first and last time due to the swap out with the journey.

She was older, but WELL maintained and organized. You NEVER felt crowed, it was 5 min from cabin to anywhere. The best food, service, and entertainment we have enjoyed on X. Its in our top 3 favorite cruises.

Being invited to the Captains table was the icing on the cake.

Unfortunately I've been reading on the other site that the NORO is rearing its ugly head and now at he buffets pax are being served instead of serving themselves....thats how the bad stuff starts.

Dave
Celebrity Mercury - Alaska 09/08/06
Celebrity Century - Freeport 01/04/07
RCL Monarch OTS - Ensenada 01/11/07
Celebrity Zenith - W. Caribbean 03/23/07
Upcoming cruises:
Azamara Quest - CocoCay 10/24/07
Celebrity Century - W. Caribbean 01/03/08
Celebrity Galaxy - Mediterannean 06/09/08
Celebrity Millenium - PNW 09/19/08