Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to sexyaznboy Send a message via Yahoo to sexyaznboy
Default Shareholder benefit

I read about an earlier post about getting ship credit if you own shares in the Royal Carribean company. I just booked yesterday, is it too late to buy shares and send the info along? Anyone have any experience with this? It seems like a great deal if it isn't too late. 250 dollars isn't anything to sneeze at
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Hi sexyazboy,

I think if you buy the stock before final payment time you can get the OBC credit for stockholders.

Norm knows all about these things. Norm?

Inspiration2002CarnivalElation2004
GrandPrincess2004NCLSun2005
SunPrincess2006NCLDream2007
CaribbeanPrincess2007NCLDawn2008
IslandPrincess2008IslandPrincess2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Carnival Magic 2015 Coral Princess 2015
Old February 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Passenger

Thanks! It would royally suck if I couldn't get the benefit, I found out about it the day after I paid them! I paid the cruise agency in full but I haven't even gotten my confirmation number, which is supposed to be in a few weeks. They only require a statement with the confirmation number and a brokerage statement which doesn't have the date you purchased it so I'm hoping! By the way when I asked the cruise place they had NO idea about this benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
Hi sexyazboy,

I think if you buy the stock before final payment time you can get the OBC credit for stockholders.

Old February 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Familiar Face

This should answer your questions:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.z...eholderbenefit

I have used this benefit many times and think it is fantastic!
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Hey Rasul, thanks I've seen that page. My question is, I booked the cruise 3 days ago, my TA says they won't have confirmation until another 3 weeks or so, I just found out about this shareholder thing. Is it too late to buy now and send the proof when I get the confirmation number (which they need as well), I wouldn't think so because a brokerage statement is not going to say when you bought it, or even if you bought it before or after you bought the ticket. It is this grey zone period between buying the ticket and going on the cruise that is unclear to me. I tried contacting celebrity and nobody has gotten back. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasul mama
This should answer your questions:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.z...eholderbenefit

I have used this benefit many times and think it is fantastic!
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Admiral

Fern,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

Actually, the only requirement is to submit the required information on your booking with proof of ownership (that is, a photocopy of the page of your brokerage statement showing the shares in your account) of at least one hundred (100) shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) before the start of your cruise.

The current instructions say that the offer expires on 01 May 2007, but the compnay has renewed the offer annually for the past several years and probably will continue to do so.

And here, I should add all the usual disclaimers that discussion of the shareholder benefit is not a solicitation to buy the shares, that the shares may or may not be a suitable investment for all individuals reading this discussion, that prospectve investors should do their own due dilligence before investing, and that prospective investors should consult their own brokers or other personal financial advisors for advice specific to their situations....

Norm.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:40 PM
Passenger

Hey thanks Norm, I reviewed the document. What has me questioning my situation is that they said I need to own the shares AT the time of booking. I booked a few days ago and don't know if it is too late to buy NOW before my confirmation is sent to me.
From what I see, if I get a brokerage statement at the end of this month that has the shares, it won't state WHEN I bought it and technically I should be ok, but I didn't really own the shares when I booked my cruise however...
I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I am not sure about Celebrity's track record of providing this benefit. My cruise is March 31st. I figure if I buy now, I'll have the statement by the end of this month and I can send the info on the confirmation and the brokerage statement at the same time.
I'll let you know if I get it! Thanks for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev22:17
Fern,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You

Actually, the only requirement is to submit the required information on your booking with proof of ownership (that is, a photocopy of the page of your brokerage statement showing the shares in your account) of at least one hundred (100) shares of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL) before the start of your cruise.

The current instructions say that the offer expires on 01 May 2007, but the compnay has renewed the offer annually for the past several years and probably will continue to do so.

And here, I should add all the usual disclaimers that discussion of the shareholder benefit is not a solicitation to buy the shares, that the shares may or may not be a suitable investment for all individuals reading this discussion, that prospectve investors should do their own due dilligence before investing, and that prospective investors should consult their own brokers or other personal financial advisors for advice specific to their situations....

Norm.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
My question is, I booked the cruise 3 days ago, my TA says they won't have confirmation until another 3 weeks or so,
I would be VERY CONCERNED about this statement from your TA

You should get a confirmation within MINUTES of your booking. Particularly concerning because I noticed earlier you said you had paid the cruise in full already!!!

There is NO REASON for it to take three weeks for paperwork!!!

I'd be checking on this very quickly!!!! ... and for the moment worry less about the stock benefits.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Quote:
My question is, I booked the cruise 3 days ago, my TA says they won't have confirmation until another 3 weeks or so,
I would be VERY CONCERNED about this statement from your TA

You should get a confirmation within MINUTES of your booking. Particularly concerning because I noticed earlier you said you had paid the cruise in full already!!!

There is NO REASON for it to take three weeks for paperwork!!!

I'd be checking on this very quickly!!!! ... and for the moment worry less about the stock benefits.
Thanks...I did get a receipt with reservation number sail date, cabin category Z and Cabin number GTY, but he said the paperwork from Celebrity including all the documents will be coming later, I think this is ok is it not? Perhaps he meant the itinerary etc.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Whew! You had me concerned there for a minute. Take your confirmation/reservation #, and go to the Celebrity web site and fill in your online registration. Then you know you're in the system.

And yes, indeed the actual tickets take some time to arrive. And if you're registered at the Celeb site, even if the tickets don't get there, you can get on the ship.

As to the date of the stock purchase... it makes no difference when you own it, or when you bought it, as long as you have proof of the purchase to pass on before your sailing.... but as Norm said... you do HAVE to have a minimum of 100 shares.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Admiral

sexyaznboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hey thanks Norm, I reviewed the document. What has me questioning my situation is that they said I need to own the shares AT the time of booking. I booked a few days ago and don't know if it is too late to buy NOW before my confirmation is sent to me.
From what I see, if I get a brokerage statement at the end of this month that has the shares, it won't state WHEN I bought it and technically I should be ok, but I didn't really own the shares when I booked my cruise however...
I'll give it a shot and see what happens. I am not sure about Celebrity's track record of providing this benefit. My cruise is March 31st. I figure if I buy now, I'll have the statement by the end of this month and I can send the info on the confirmation and the brokerage statement at the same time.
As a practical matter, the date when you buy the shares does not matter. What matters is that the company receives the paperwork before the start of your cruise.

And the company's track record in posting the credit is pretty good, so long as you comply completely with the instructions.

Norm.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki
Whew! You had me concerned there for a minute. Take your confirmation/reservation #, and go to the Celebrity web site and fill in your online registration. Then you know you're in the system.

And yes, indeed the actual tickets take some time to arrive. And if you're registered at the Celeb site, even if the tickets don't get there, you can get on the ship.

As to the date of the stock purchase... it makes no difference when you own it, or when you bought it, as long as you have proof of the purchase to pass on before your sailing.... but as Norm said... you do HAVE to have a minimum of 100 shares.
That is SO nice of you to be concerned, and I appreciate it. I'm a bit confused, the reservation number from the travel agency isn't the same as the confirmation number from Celebrity though is it? I thought Celebrity gives you a separate number for registration? The reservation number from the TA is all I have...
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Passenger

Quote:
sexyaznboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
As a practical matter, the date when you buy the shares does not matter. What matters is that the company receives the paperwork before the start of your cruise.

And the company's track record in posting the credit is pretty good, so long as you comply completely with the instructions.

Norm.
OK thanks Norm, I have a lot to learn about all the rules and regulations, on TOP of all the cruising etiquette Thank God I joined this forum!
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Admiral

sexyaznboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm a bit confused, the reservation number from the travel agency isn't the same as the confirmation number from Celebrity though is it? I thought Celebrity gives you a separate number for registration? The reservation number from the TA is all I have...
I have never known a travel agent to give a booking number that's different from the cruise line's confirmation number.

As Kuki said, go to the Celebrity Cruises web site, set up a "My Celebrity" account, and fill in the form to connect the booking to your"My Celebrity" account. If it connects, you have the right name, ship, sailing date, and confirmation number. Once you connect, fill out all the passenger information (your contact information, an emergency contact, immigration documents, etc.). When Celebrity receives your final payment and the information is complete, the site will let you print out an "Express Pass" that will speed up your embarkation process considerably.

Norm.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Passenger

Quote:
sexyaznboy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm a bit confused, the reservation number from the travel agency isn't the same as the confirmation number from Celebrity though is it? I thought Celebrity gives you a separate number for registration? The reservation number from the TA is all I have...
I have never known a travel agent to give a booking number that's different from the cruise line's confirmation number.

As Kuki said, go to the Celebrity Cruises web site, set up a "My Celebrity" account, and fill in the form to connect the booking to your"My Celebrity" account. If it connects, you have the right name, ship, sailing date, and confirmation number. Once you connect, fill out all the passenger information (your contact information, an emergency contact, immigration documents, etc.). When Celebrity receives your final payment and the information is complete, the site will let you print out an "Express Pass" that will speed up your embarkation process considerably.

Norm.
OK thanks Norm, I tried and it said it was unable to process now, try later, so I will. I didn't realize how much stuff you can do on line before you actually go on the cruise, including excursions. I'm grateful for everyone's help on here!