Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Beginner

Default Benefits of Concierge Class

What are the advantages of booking on Concierge Class?

Have sailed twice before and stayed in a traditional veranda cabin.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:13 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

We sailed Conceige Class on Summit through the Panama Canal on Jan. 6th from LA to FLL. We were on Sky deck and I must say it was really great! We upgraded to Con. Class for just $ 19 @ over what just the balcony stateroom would have been so naturally, I jumped at the chance.
Our cabin was a little larger with a larger balcony and vanity with a loveseat instead of just an easy chair. We checked out some friends cabin on Deck 7 just to compare - the bathrooms were identical (really large compared to previous lines) - we did get priority boarding, welcome champagne in cabin, fresh flowers and fruit every day, and canapes about
4:30 each afternoon. Also the bathrobes were very thick and I think we
also had upgraded bed linens, pillows and down comforters. Sky Deck was nice except for the large overhang from the deck above - couldn't really see moon/stars at nite but then we didn't have the hot afternoon sun blazing into our windows either. The service and personal are great
- really, very accommodating and very friendly but still know their "place". I guess that sounds kind of "snobby" - don't mean to be.
the Spa and warm heated pool are wonderful. Over all was a really wonderful trip and I would book with Celebrity again in a minute. I guess you have to do some comparisons as to whether it warrants the additional cost. If you are over 55 - have your travel agent ask about that "age" discount. I think that is why we got Con. Class so reasonably.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Default CC Level

Last cruise we tookthe CC level and on the Century there were no verandas.. but we did get fruit and flowers.. stale appetizersevery day..and a giftas we left. This tripwe booked the Galaxy.. same size cabin and veranda..but $400.00 less each.. I think I can take on flowers myself.. which was a nice touch..
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Beginner

How is the Penthouse Deck? We are staying in cabin 1094 on the April 12th trip out of Miami. What is above us and will it make a lot of noise?
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

Go to the Celebrity web site - click on your ship - click on your deck and the layout should come up. You will also see what is above you and check
out the deck plans as well.
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Beginner

We had concierge class on a Hawaii cruise last fall. We felt that the $500 each that we paid was not worth the money. Loved the cruise, but spend your money another way!
Old March 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Beginner

Concierge Class is a joke. Same size cabin, same size bed, same size bathroom, same size storage space. What you get is a higher grade of bed linen and towels and four tiny horsdoerves at 4 o'clock in the afternoon whether you want them or not. Save your money. Book ordinary balcony cabin and use the savings for some shore excursions.
Old March 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Concierge Class staterooms on the Millennium class ships are larger than the standard balcony (191 sq. ft. vs. 170 sq. ft.). They also have a larger sofa and more storage space than the standard. We paid less than $100 each to upgrade to CC on our last three cruises on the Summit to Alaska.
Old March 10th, 2007, 01:11 AM
Admiral

SoCalGal,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Concierge Class staterooms on the Millennium class ships are larger than the standard balcony (191 sq. ft. vs. 170 sq. ft.). They also have a larger sofa and more storage space than the standard. We paid less than $100 each to upgrade to CC on our last three cruises on the Summit to Alaska.
That's true of the original "Concierge Class" cabins, which were "deluxe" (larger than standard) balcony cabins before Celebrity introduced the "Concierge Class" concept. OTOH, it is not of the second group of cabins that the line added to the "Concierge Class" program at a later date, which were originally standard balcony cabins.

Norm.
Old March 10th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Norm,
I remember on our cruise on the Mille in 2001 we stayed in one of those standard cabins that are now CC, they just didn't call them that...but they are still larger than what is now the standard balcony. We paid just a bit more for the larger cabin even then.
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:27 PM
First Mate

we enjoyed getting priority tender service..esp for ports where we did not have an excursions...
Old March 25th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Beginner

CC Class staterooms/balconies on the "M" Class are not created equal, the CC class cabins in the AFT are the same sized cabins as those on the side but have huge balconies (like 200 sq ft).

Deb
Old March 29th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: CC Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
Last cruise we tookthe CC level and on the Century there were no verandas.. but we did get fruit and flowers.. stale appetizersevery day..and a giftas we left. This tripwe booked the Galaxy.. same size cabin and veranda..but $400.00 less each.. I think I can take on flowers myself.. which was a nice touch..

I don't think I'd take a CC class cabin without a balcony ... unless the difference in cost was negliable.
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:35 PM
First Mate

Personally I wouldn't book a Concierge Cabin unless is was cheaper than an Oceanview or a regular Veranda. And sometimes they are! I got one on my last cruise to Hawaii on the Summit and orginally I was booked in an Oceanview. It's nice to have a balcony over a window.

But check your prices carefully (you can do this on Celebrity's site) and you will see the range of pricing between the cabins.

Otherwise save your money for excursions or ship extras.

I was not crazy about the Concierge Cabin and would just as well book a regular veranda.
2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:36 PM
First Mate

we also got dbl cruise credits bringing us closer to the top level ,plus invites to special on board events==again if cost is not that much higher it can be a good deal!
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Beginner

hcat,
Thats a good point about the double credits (I forgot all about that).
Old March 31st, 2007, 03:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel
Default Re: Benefits of Concierge Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpitt
What are the advantages of booking on Concierge Class?

Have sailed twice before and stayed in a traditional veranda cabin.

Any recommendations?
We book the cabin we want. Many times CC comes with it whether we want it or not. That is how they sell the CC. I personally don't care for the CC, but if I have to have it with the cabin I want, I will pay the price and take it.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:03 PM
Admiral

I take my vacations seriously and I enjoy the finer things in life. I do not mind paying the extra that the CC cost, because the amenities appeal to me. The cost is not that much more.
We have done the CC on the Summitt and the Mercury and the service on the Mercury was absolutely outstanding that made us feel that we truly got what we paid for.
We are looking forward to the same service on our July Alaska cruise.

Manuel
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13
Vision OTS 2-14-2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2 / 21 / 16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Booked Celebrity Equinox ... 4 / 4 / 16
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our next cruise in September will be in a Penthouse Suite, but we've always booked a Concierge Class and think it's well worth it! Our room was a little larger, large Egyptian robes, towell color and flower changes every three/four days, personalized stationary and book, umbrellas, quicker luggage arrival and all of your excrusions (sp) are sooner than the rests-the canopes (appetizers) served to your room are pretty cool too. You also receive a nice tote bag, welcome champagne, daily fruit and instead of the tired old food menu (for room service) you may order from the menu which is presented in the dining room.
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:49 PM
First Mate

That was exacly our thought a few weeks ago on Century in CC. It was worth it for us in all ways-- Enjoyed the aftrernoon snacks, fruit etc & priority tender & other small perks & we are now 1 away from Elite...for whatever that is worth on X--It will also be good to be Diamond on Royal carib...
Old January 18th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to upsernuncoosy Send a message via MSN to upsernuncoosy Send a message via Yahoo to upsernuncoosy Send a message via Skype™ to upsernuncoosy
Default financial help

Quote:
CC Class staterooms/balconies on the "M" Class are not created equal, the CC class cabins in the AFT are the same sized cabins as those on the side but have huge balconies (like 200 sq ft). Deb
I think you are right

financial help
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

My only experience with CC and even a veranda was an amazing free upgrade on Summit's 6/3/09 Classical Med cruise. It was wonderful. We enjoyed the canapes, champagne, flowers. I bought a bottle of the wine that was always on our desk and asked our steward for extra glasses and canapes one night when my cousin and her daughter came to see our room before dinner on formal night. It was very nice, but I wouldn't have it if I had to pay for it. Window rooms on the lower deck are fine with me, if I have to pay for it. It was so hot in the afternoons that I couldn't sit out on the veranda more than a few minutes.
I'm perfectly happy being a peon in steerage, lol.