Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Passenger

Default Journey?

Does anyone know anything about Celebrity's Journey? I know she's replacing the Zenith on the Bermuda run, but.... Any word on what she'll be like? You'd think there would be artist's sketches or something.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Journey?

Toley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Does anyone know anything about Celebrity's Journey? I know she's replacing the Zenith on the Bermuda run, but.... Any word on what she'll be like? You'd think there would be artist's sketches or something.
See this thread.

Norm.
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Default re:Journey

Thanks, Norm.
I really haven't heard much, but that sounds interesting. Hmmm, what would you do with a butler?
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Beginner

I have the same question. We are booked on the August 11 Journey sailing. I can't find any pictures anywhere. Norm's post was helpful, but I would like to see some actual photos. Also, different sources keep hinting that the Journey experience will be / may be a little different than other Celebrity experiences. I'd also like to know:
Are the formal nights the same on Journey?
What are the onboard activities?
Are dance lessons offered?

There is a obvious lack of information available, so I hope no news is good news.

Anyone with insight please help. Thanks.
Old March 7th, 2007, 01:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Celebrity Journey and the Quest were part of the Renaissance Cruise Line's ships. Before they went bankrupt, there were seven ships. R1, R2,.... R7. They were simply called R and the number because all 7 ships were identical, down to carpeting, pictures on the walls... everything.

The held 700 passengers each, and sailed some very interesting and exotic itineraries, and passengers who sailed them loved the ships!!

The line however chose to not use travel agents to sell their product, and the in the end this decision, along with a movement by agents to boycott them led to the demise of the line.

Of course Celebrity is planning on some significant upgrades, but if you do a google search on Renaissance Cruise Lines no doubt you'll find all kinds of reviews and pictures of the ships.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Admiral

Kuki,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
The Celebrity Journey and the Quest were part of the Renaissance Cruise Line's ships. Before they went bankrupt, there were seven ships. R1, R2,.... R7. They were simply called R and the number because all 7 ships were identical, down to carpeting, pictures on the walls... everything.
Actually, there was an eighth ship in the R1 class, originally named MV [i]R8[/8]. Here's the complete rundown of where these ships are today.

>> The original MV R1 now operates as MV Regatta for Oceana Cruises.

>> The original MV R2 now operates as MV Insignia for Oceana Cruises.

>> The original MV R3 now operates as MV Pacific Princess for Princess Cruises and P&O Cruises Australia.

>> The original MV R4 now operates as MV Tahitian Princess for Princess Cruises.

>> The original MV R5 now operates as MV Nautica for Oceana Cruises.

>> The original MV R6 now operates as MV Blue Dream for Pullmantur Cruises, but will move to sister line Celebrity Expeditions to operate as MV Celebrity Journey after a major overhaul and reconfiguration in the spring of 2007.

>> The original MV R7 now operates as MV Blue Moon for Pullmantur Cruises, but will move to sister line Celebrity Expeditions to operate as MV Celebrity Quest after a major overhaul and reconfiguration in the fall of 2007.

>> The original MV R8 now operates as MV Minerva II for Swan Hellenic Cruises, but will move to sister line Princess Cruises to operate as MV Royal Princess in the spring of 2007.

In the original configuration, Renaissance Cruises made a couple minor changes to the design between MV R5 and MV R6, so the last three ships are not quite identical to the first five (but the first five are identical to each other and the last three are identical to each other). The most significant change was replacement of the small suites with standard cabins, providing slightly greater capacity on the last three ships than on the first five -- a change that Celebrity will substantially undo before MV Celebrity Journey and MV Celebrity Quest join the Celebrity Expeditions fleet. Some rooms, including the disco/night club, also have different internal arrangements.

Norm.