Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Passenger

Default JUST GOT OFF THE CELEBRITY ZENITH.....

For those who are going on the Zenith you won't be disappointed. This was our 8th cruise. We have "Always" been on larger and newer ships so I was a little anxious about this ship. We had such a great time. Smaller the ship the more you get to know everyone. They pamper you a bit more. The food was fabulous! Ship is older and a little worn, however, it's clean. The entertainment was mediocre.....All in All my husband and I had a great time. Panama and Costa Rica are such poor countries. The West Bay beach in Honduras is a Must See!! I have the name of a tour guide for Costa Rica....he only charged $10 pp.....he has a small toyota corolla.....so two or three people would be fine!
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Captain

We've been on the Zenith and enjoyed ourselves both
times. You're absolutely right about food, entertainment,
but we do feel at home on this ship. Enjoy the larger, newer
ones, too, tho.

When is the Zenith being retired. I thought it was to be soon.

Lou
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Admiral

Lou,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
When is the Zenith being retired. I thought it was to be soon.
Actually, there's no retirement. Rather, the parent company has decided to transfer MV Zenith to Celebrity's Spanish sister line, Pullmantur Cruises, whcih the parent company acquired last November. IIRC, the transfer will occur at the end of her scheduled Caribbean season in April.

In exchange for MV Zenith, Celebrity will receive two smaller ships from Pullmantur.

>> The present MV Blue Dream, which originally entered service for now defunct Renaissance as MV R6 in 2000, will become MV Celebrity Journey and will operate the Bermuda schedule originally planned for MV Zenith before going on to South America and Antarctica itineraries in the fall of 2007.

>> The present MV Blue Moon, which originally entered service for now defunct Renaissance as MV Ry in 2000, will become MV Celebrity Quest and will operate exotic Caribbean and Panama Canal itineraries beginning in the fall of 2007.

Both of these vessels will operate as part of the "Celebrity Expeditions" fleet rather than as part of the "Celebrity Cruises" fleet, which means that

>> the prescribed evening dress will be "casual" every night.

>> dining will be open seating,

>> there will be no children's center, youth center, or teen center, and

>> shows will be less elaborate than on "Celebrity Cruises" vessels

as on MY Celebrity Xpedition. Also, both of these vessels will receive major reconfigurations, which include replacement of forty-eight (48) standard cabins with thirty-two (32) sky suites on the aft half of Deck Eight and reconfiguration of many existing spaces to Celebrity's signature branding (for example, the spa will become an Aquaspa by Elemis (R) and the computer center will become Celebrity@Sea).

Norm.
Old March 20th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Beginner

Just about to go on same cruise, am interested in Costa Rica taxi info, please give details of how to contact taxi driver that you had.

Thanks
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:31 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

So glad that you enjoyed your Zenith cruise. We will be onboard for Zenith's final cruise under the Celebrity banner, which will be our 5th Zenith cruise. While it's true that she is an older ship, she is well maintained with a fabulous crew. As you say, it's a more intimate atmosphere when cruising with 1300 others as opposed to 3000!
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Yeoman

I'll be boarding the Zenith this coming Monday for an 11 night cruise! Can NOT wait! Glad to hear you all enjoyed her!