Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2007, 01:39 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama
Default Celebrity's VIP program

How does one qualify for the program? We just completed our first
cruise on the Summit in January, 2007. Are we automatically entered
into membership or do I have to do something on my end?
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2007, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Sherrie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
How does one qualify for the program? We just completed our first
cruise on the Summit in January, 2007. Are we automatically entered
into membership or do I have to do something on my end?
If you are talking about Celebrity's "Captain's Club" (passenger loyalty program), it's free but you have to register for it. I think that you can do so on Celebrity's web site if you have already taken at least one cruise with Celebrity.

Norm.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
First Mate

Thanks Norm - I'll look into it today.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 03:51 PM
Admiral

You can also call an 800 number on the web site and they will give you a Captains Club number on the phone which you can then use to book your next cruise if you so desire. One of the benefits is a one category upgrade with restrictions so you may want to get the number. They also are not real good about getting cards out to members once they join.

Just so you are aware, as much as I like Celebrity cruises, they have one of the worse repeat customer programs of all the cruise lines....

1-800-764-0654

Don
Old March 24th, 2007, 01:54 AM
First Mate

Good evening,Don

Couldn't agree more with your closing comments....So great in so many ways, Celebrity can really be horrible in other areas....no middle ground, it seems.

Cheers
Claude

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old March 24th, 2007, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Default Celebrity VIP Program

Could you give me more details?? Which lines are the best - we sailed with Costa, Princess and Celebrity, so far. I think HAL and Princess and Costa are in the same group, so that might get me some perks with them.
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity VIP Program

Sherrie Platt,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Could you give me more details?? Which lines are the best - we sailed with Costa, Princess and Celebrity, so far. I think HAL and Princess and Costa are in the same group, so that might get me some perks with them.
I'm not sure that I agree with Claude's assessment, but the "perks" of the passenger loyalty programs really should be a secondary consideration in your choice of cruise lines. There's nothing gained by being miserable on a cruise line that's a misfit for your personal style and preferences just because its passenger loyalty program has a few more perks. Factually, most of the "perks" of the passenger loyalty programs cost the cruise line absolutely nothing or very, very little, and they are worth about what you pay for them.

As to portability, each cruise line still has its own loyalty program, and cruises on sister lines do not count toward higher standing. However, the major cruise companies have now established programs to provide some perks to passengers who have earned a certain standing on a sister line (that is, another line owned by the same company). In the case of Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean Intternational, for example, a "Select" member of Celebrity's "Captain's Club" receives the benefits ot the "platinum" level of Royal Caribbean's "Crown & Anchor Society" when cruising on Royal Caribbean (unless entitled to a higher level of benefits as a member of the "Crown & Anchor Society"), but cruises on Royal Caribbean do not count toward "Elite" membership in the "Captain's Club."

My understanding is that Carnival Corporaton's exchange program works differently, in that it provides a common subset of benefits to members of a loyalty program of one of its lines who are travelling on another of its lines. The common core of benefits depends upon the tier of membership but not on the line on which one is travelling.

Norm.
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:01 AM
First Mate

Hey Rev, just to claify your statement on Celebrity vs RCCL. What ever club status you have on either cruiseline gets you the same status and perks on the other line. I.E. Diamond on RCCL=Elite on Celebrity. However you cannot combine cruises of both lines to reach a higher club level for either line.
Old March 25th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Admiral

The Cruise Guy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hey Rev, just to claify your statement on Celebrity vs RCCL. What ever club status you have on either cruiseline gets you the same status and perks on the other line. I.E. Diamond on RCCL=Elite on Celebrity. However you cannot combine cruises of both lines to reach a higher club level for either line.
Yes, that's right. I thought that my example made that point clear, but perhaps not....

Norm.
Old March 26th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Yeoman

I think Royal Caribbean has the best loyalty program - as far as perks. I don't choose my cruise by the fact I'm a higher member of one loyalty program. BUT - some of the discounts for being higher in membership does make my choice easier sometimes!
Old March 31st, 2007, 11:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you enjoy getting "perks" then go on a Captain's Club Reunion cruise. They have several of those a year. You can find the list on X's website. As an Elite member of the CC, the gifts just kept flowing for 10 days... including a free shore excursion for the Elite member AND two Select members traveling in the same cabin. Definitely worth it to take those reunion cruises if you can.

Stacy
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisequeen
I think Royal Caribbean has the best loyalty program - as far as perks. I don't choose my cruise by the fact I'm a higher member of one loyalty program. BUT - some of the discounts for being higher in membership does make my choice easier sometimes!
I think you're right about that-we are Captains Club members, and some folks at work are RC fans. They specials they get seem much better than Celebrity's.
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Admiral

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I joined the Captains Club way back when you had to pay for it! Yes, at one time you did indeed have to pay for membership in the Captains Club. In later years, when they started "giving it away" they upgraded our membership to Elite, even though we didn't have enough cruises at that point to merit it. I guess they felt that those of us who cared enough to pay to join their club, should get a little something extra.

In any case, we've enjoyed the club, and glad we joined.

Ken