Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Beginner

Default menus

Does anyone know where I could see a copy of the millennium ship's menus? What are everyone's favorite items on these ships?
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Beginner

heatherw,
I believe I read on another forum that the menus are about to undergo some changes (probably due to Michael Roux's departure from "X"), I would keep checking back to hear about the latest and greatest in food/menus from Celebrity.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: menus

heatherw,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Does anyone know where I could see a copy of the millennium ship's menus?
There might be some sample menus in the "onboard experience" section of the Celebrity Cruises web site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
What are everyone's favorite items on these ships?
The line's beef, veal, and lamb are consistently outstanding. The pasta bars are also very, very good.

And at breakfast, the waffle bar is very popular.

Norm.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Spot,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I believe I read on another forum that the menus are about to undergo some changes (probably due to Michael Roux's departure from "X"), I would keep checking back to hear about the latest and greatest in food/menus from Celebrity.
I have heard that speculation, too, but there's nothing of substance to back it up. In fact, (1) Michel Roux will remain a cullinary consultant for the foreseeable future and (2) the people taking over are the chefs whom he personally trained over the past fifteen years. Also, there's very strong indication in the company's press release that this transition has been in the works for some time. Thus, I really doubt that there will be any dramatic changes in Celebrity's menus or cuisine anytime soon.

Norm.
Old March 26th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Beginner

Norm,
They are testing new menus aboard the Millenium on it's eastbound transatlantic as we speak.
I'm sure Roux's influence will be around for some time but I'm happy to hear that the line and it's food service is moving forward.

I look forward to a number of planned cruises on "X" this year bringing my total number of days onboard to near 170.
Old March 27th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Admiral

People are reporting on other boards that new menus are out on some of the ships and in a couple of cases they gave samples of the new menu items. Apparently they are being changed on all the ships slowly.

Don
Old April 25th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just saw this link to the Infinity's menus today on another cruise board. They look the same as what remember from our Mercury cruise in Jan. and probably the same or very similar to Millenium.
www.thepreismans.com/Infinity%20menus.htm
The food was wonderful. I have no idea if or when any changes are planned.
Let me know if the addy works for you.
Old April 27th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Familiar Face

The torenados (beef) is the absolute best. The desserts at lunch and in the Cova outrank the dinner desserts. The fish dishes were all very good at dinner with the exception of one night (a trio that was steamed). My travel companions love the escargot. And who can eat only one breadstick?

Bon Appetite!
Old April 27th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Admiral

Spot,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
They are testing new menus aboard the Millenium on it's eastbound transatlantic as we speak.
I'm sure Roux's influence will be around for some time but I'm happy to hear that the line and it's food service is moving forward.
Yes, but the word that I'm hearing about the new menus is that the changes are about as extensive as on the new menus that came out while Michel Roux was officially in charge. IOW, there's no wholesale scrapping of Michel Roux's cuisine.

Norm.
Old May 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
Beginner

I've just read, on another board, that the new menus were slowly being rolled out on various ships. Sounds as though there are more Italian dishes and the rack of lamb was gone. Not great reviews early!