Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:36 PM
Passenger

Default looking for millenium sailors

am sailing on the millenium transatlantic and would like to know if anybody else has done that or if anybody else is going to sail on December 2, 2007. Has anybody been in the CC class ...
Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: looking for millenium sailors

jerrysauseda,

Quote:
am sailing on the millenium transatlantic and would like to know if anybody else has done that or if anybody else is going to sail on December 2, 2007. Has anybody been in the CC class ...
I did a transatlantic from Barcelona to Port Everglades in 2004. It was a great ship, and they had a lot of great activities en route. The highlight of the cruise was the time -- five consecutive days -- at sea, though the ports of call in Gibraltar and Funchal (Medeira) also were very ineresting. Do you have any specific questions with which I can help you?

Norm.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Passenger

Default thanks norm

I do have a few questions..please email me at my email address...if not, please let me know if you were in a CC cabin which we are torn between that or a regular balcony. Also was the weather okay. We are so looking forward to the cruise but my better half is afraid that there won't be alot to do for six days at sea. I think differently...Any info you might have will be greatly appreciated. How was the food on the ship and did you go to the speciality restaurant.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: thanks norm

jerrysauseda,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I do have a few questions..please email me at my email address...
I prefer to keep the discussion here, where others can benefit from it and perhaps contribute other viewpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
if not, please let me know if you were in a CC cabin which we are torn between that or a regular balcony.
No, I normally book a standard inside cabin. I would rather spend my cash on another cruise, or on a longer cruise, than on a fancier cabin. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Also was the weather okay.
Splendid! The route is close enough to the tropics so storms were not a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We are so looking forward to the cruise but my better half is afraid that there won't be alot to do for six days at sea. I think differently...Any info you might have will be greatly appreciated.
There was PLENTY to do for six days! The line had two series of lectures during days at sea. In particular, the series on classic ocean liners by John Maxton-Graham was very popular. There were all kinds of cullinary demonstrations, organized bridge classes and play (with an ACBL-certified director, so those who play get masterpoints), dance classes, computer classes, trivia contests, fitness classes, and a whole host of other activities that the cruise lines simply don't have time to do on cruises that spend most of their time in port. And best of all, there was plenty of time to relax, unwind, enjoy all of the ship's resort facilities (pool, spa, gym, etc.). If your wife is bored, it will be her own fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
How was the food on the ship and did you go to the speciality restaurant.
The cuisine was excellent overall. The one caution is that Celebrity's cuisine has a very strong French style, especially at dinner, and that's also true of the specialty restaurant.

Yes, I did eat in the specialty restaurant one evening, and it was outstanding!

Norm.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Default thanks again norm

Norm:

thanks so much for helping me out. This is really good info. Our ports are Malaga and Seville Spain. Lanzarote and La Palma, Canary Islands and Labadee Haiti. Were you able to visit any of these ports and if so what would you recommend in these ports. Again I thank you for all of your information.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: thanks again norm

jerrysauseda,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
thanks so much for helping me out. This is really good info.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Our ports are Malaga and Seville Spain. Lanzarote and La Palma, Canary Islands and Labadee Haiti. Were you able to visit any of these ports and if so what would you recommend in these ports.
Only Malaga, where I did the tour of the magnificent Alhambra Palace in Grenada. Seville and the ports in the Canary Islands are high on my list.

Labadee is a private island beach resort owned by Celebrity's parent company. It's definitely a "fun in ths sun" destination rather than a sightseeing stop. Beyond that, I don't know much about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Again I thank you for all of your information.
Again, you're welcome!

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old April 25th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

We have done the Millennium transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale three times and are going to do our fourth this Dec. However, we will be doing a back to back combining the Med cruise 11/18 with the 12/2 trans.
We did our first one in 2001 and decided that we liked it so much we would do one every other year. We do book verandah staterooms because of the number of sea days - there is plenty of time to enjoy that balcony during the crossing. It's great to sit out there and read, doze, etc. and we enjoy leaving our balcony door open a bit at night to hear the sound of the ocean. No bugs to bother you or waking up next to another ship outside your cabin during the crossing.
In 2001, we stopped in Cadiz. We did the Cadiz and Jerez tour with a stop at Tio Pepe's. This time we plan on a day tour to Seville.
On our last one 2005, we stopped in Malaga. We did do Alahambra Palace in Granada with the ship's excursion. We felt a ltttle safer using the ship's excurision because it was quite a drive to Grenada and we didn't want to take a chance on any problems and missing the ship.
If you can, do plan to spend a couple of days pre-cruise in Barcelona. We have been there three times and each time we find something we didn't see or do the other times we have been there. There is a wonderful hop on-hop off tourist bus which covers all the sites and runs about 19 euros for a two day pass.
We haven't been to the other ports yet - we did stop in Tenerife, Canary Islands in 2005.
The weather has been fantastic on all of our transatlantics - but it is just a matter of luck. We crossed in 2003 leaving Barcelona a day after the Constellation but ending up ahead of her as she had more ports. We had wonderful weather with light rain only two nights. The Connie had bad weather.
The only problem with the transatlantic is that it keeps getting later each year. In 2001, we left Barcelona 9/30, in 2003- 10/26, and in 2005 we ended up leaving Barcelona on 11/20, The later it leaves, the cooler the weather. Light jackets would be advisable.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old April 25th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Default thank you

Thanks so much for this info. I am so excited about this trip. We are booked in a CC cabin so I hope it will be nice. We have cruised before but not for these many days at sea. We do love to play cards. Do you know if there is a way to try to get other people on the ship to play cards. Like a sign up sheet or something like that. We will be in barcelona two days prior to taking the cruise. Could you email me or send me info on what to do in Barcelona. I do appreciate all the information since this is our first transatlantic cruise we are very excited about it.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't know if there is a sign-up for cards - I know there is a card room. On the daily there were listings for "Bridge Lesson with your fellow guests", "Informal Card Players get together for Pinochle and Gin Rummy etc in the Game Area", and "Duplicate Bridge Play with your fellow guests".
They also listed "Scrabble Get Together" if you want to try board games.
Galaxy-11/99
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Passenger

Default thanks

thank you so much for the information..are you going to be on the cruise on December 2, 2007.
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Yes we are - that will be days 15-28 of our cruise.
Galaxy-11/99
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Passenger

Default thanks

great...maybe we can meet and play cards. We are so excited about going on this ship. I have cruised 6 times and she has cruised 3 times. Last Celebrity cruise was an alaska cruise on the Horizon. I heard that the Millinum is a bigger and better ship than the Horizon. Looking forward to it. I have another cruise booked on carnival Victory Labor day week going to Canada. Hope to meet you on the ship and Thanks so much for all the information.
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Did you get my email about the website about this cruise that another passenger created?
Galaxy-11/99
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Passenger

Default thanks

no please resend it to me...jsauseda@aol.com
Old June 16th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Bailey

:D I'm also booked on the TA cruise in Dec. This will be my third TA crossing, but the first time alone. I am a recent widow and want to continue traveling. Hopefully, it won't be a lonely trip. I love Celebrity cruises and am looking forward to this one. Wonder about the weather this time of year. Late seating and inside cabin.
Old June 16th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Bailey

:D I'm also booked on the TA cruise in Dec. This will be my third TA crossing, but the first time alone. I am a recent widow and want to continue traveling. Hopefully, it won't be a lonely trip. I love Celebrity cruises and am looking forward to this one. Wonder about the weather this time of year. Late seating and inside cabin.
Old August 19th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Beginner

Default We are joining the cruise too.....

Me an my wife we are joining the Dec 2 Transatlantic cruise for the first time.... hope everything goes well. We are also staying in Barcelona for 3 days. We are landing there on the 29 Nov.
Still looking on internet to get a good apartment or hotel... do you guys recommend something ?

Its our first cruise and we are quite lost as to what kind of clothes to bring... was reading on internet that men use to wear tuxedo... WHAT!!! a Tuxedo.... gosh i dont have one.
Can we rent tuxedo on the ship ? If yes,what is the cost ?

I just wish we are going to have good weather (warm).

Do you guys know what is the normal temperature in Canary island during December.... or even Haiti, i assume Haiti should be warm.

We are French Canadian. 42 and 44 Years of age.