Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Beginner

Default New Cruise Line....Honors Celebrity Captains Club

I'm sure someone whose more computer literate than myself will post the links, however there was a major announcement today by Celebrity about the new cruise line. Smaller ships and sounds very interesting!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Beginner

Old May 4th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Captain

Old May 7th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: New Cruise Line....Honors Celebrity Captains Club

thsreb1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm sure someone whose more computer literate than myself will post the links, however there was a major announcement today by Celebrity about the new cruise line. Smaller ships and sounds very interesting!!
The announcement of "Azamara Cruises" is just a rebranding of the product that Celebrity announced last fall as the "Celebrity Expeditions" brand. The two vessels that the parent company is transferring from Spanish sister line Pullmantur SA will now be named MV Azamara Journey and MV Azamara Quest rather than Celebrity Journey and MV Celebrity Quest. I think that this is a very good move, as the new branding provides clearer distinction between the "Celebrity Cruises" and "Azamara Cruises" (nee "Celebrity Expeditions") products. There are several threads that discuss the details of this new product.

Norm.
Old May 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Norm -
Has there been any mention of the Expedition moving over to the new line? It seems strange that they would keep that one with Celebrity since it definitely is more like the Quest and Journey.

To the OP -
As far as honoring the Captain's Club, when we first joined the Captain's Club, cruises from Fantasy Cruiseline as well as Celebrity counted since both were owned by Chandris - Celebrity came from Fantasy offering a more upscale experience than Fantasy. From the FAQ's on Azamara's website:
Quote:
Q.What is Azamara's official relationship with Celebrity Cruises?A.Azamara is operated by Celebrity Cruises, Inc., which also operates Celebrity Cruises. Dan Hanrahan will serve as president of both brands. However, this brand is still considered a separate cruise line from Celebrity.
Galaxy-11/99
Horizon-Adults only-11/02
Century-1/04
Millennium-12/05
Century-1/09

Mercury-Alaska-6/00
Millennium-Transatlantic-9/01, 10/03, 11/05
Zenith-Special Caribbean 11/06
Back to back Millennium 28 days - Mediterranean 11/18/07, Transatlantic - 12/2/07
Old May 9th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Admiral

daysatsea,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Has there been any mention of the Expedition moving over to the new line? It seems strange that they would keep that one with Celebrity since it definitely is more like the Quest and Journey.
At this point, you know as much as I do. There's no mention whatsoever of MV Celebrity Xpedition going to the new Azamara line, but I agree that it would make sense.

Norm.